Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2011, 06:33 PM

Re: Summer

I'll have an Irish please if you are buying uncle Joe!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2011, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No darlin' - your side of the pond - it has to be whiskey sour or mint julipi!!!
Oh NO! I very much dislike the taste of whiskey... has to be gin or vodka! Martini, Bloody Mary or G & T if you'd be so kind!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2011, 07:53 AM

Why are people obsessed with the sun?

Weather is one of the things that you can not control so why worry about it? As long as you wake up in the morning take whatever come your way and enjoy it.

The climate is changing so we need to change with it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Why are people obsessed with the sun?

Weather is one of the things that you can not control so why worry about it? As long as you wake up in the morning take whatever come your way and enjoy it.

The climate is changing so we need to change with it.
You clearly don't suffer from Arthritis Antibrown otherwise you'd understand my plea for sunshine and warm weather.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
You clearly don't suffer from Arthritis Antibrown otherwise you'd understand my plea for sunshine and warm weather.
No I dont Joe but my point is live with what we given.

How do people who live in cold countries, Norway, Finland,Alaska, Russia, deal with Arthritis?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
No I dont Joe but my point is live with what we given.

How do people who live in cold countries, Norway, Finland,Alaska, Russia, deal with Arthritis?
Finland and Russia do not experience the same damp cold that we do - the air in Finland and Russia is very dry - which is why its very difficult to make snowballs with their type of snow, it being very powdery. Accordingly cold and/or damp air does NOT affect them in the same way.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2011, 04:48 PM

And lack of sunshine has been proven to be depressing: SAD! Seasonal Affective Disorder!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

20-06-2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
And lack of sunshine has been proven to be depressing: SAD! Seasonal Affective Disorder!
Ah! but Eileen that is only if you let it make you SAD.

Life goes on living in species without bright sun light but it dies without rain.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2011, 07:03 PM

Rain is terrible when you have Raynauds, your hands are always going dead and then they go Black untill you can warm them up again.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2011, 03:13 PM

We need the sunshine for our Vit D. I know I feel a hundred times better out in the sunshine than on a bleak dreary rainy day.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top