Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2011, 06:41 PM

Re: It Could be Worse Wednesday

So where are the begonia seeds planted Bob? I am not too sure about the height of gladioli but I'm sure someone will enlighten us shortly
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2011, 06:46 PM

What a day.......................

As my earlier post says, looking forward to lovely Thai meal with friends.
But decided to fit the new shower monobloc taps, "it will only take 10 mins dear".
Took the old taps off, started to wrap the thread with PTFE tape, guess what, it ran out.
Went to hop on the scoot and nip to the plumbers, the battery on the scoot was flat, luckily it started on the kick-start.
Get back, tapes up the threads, fits the new monobloc, refit the tube to the shower head, the plastic nut shatters.
Kick-start the scoot again and back into the pueblo to the Chinese bazaar to buy a new tube and shower head.
Get back and in 30 seconds, fitted and job done.

SWMBO gets in the shower, a shouts that the gas bottle must have run out as the shower is cold, (please remember, living in the Spanish campo is a bit 3rd world compared to the UK).
Round I go to the boiler only to find that there is plenty of gas in the bottle, so do a quick check and decide the water pressure is too low.
Dismantle the boiler and force Aqua Fuerta (strong Water or Acid) through the tank pipes to clear the cal build up.
Put it all back together and it won't ignite.

Then we had a power cut. Only for a few minutes thankfully.

Gave up and got ready and went to the Thai, where we had a truly super meal.

Got home and decided to have another look at the boiler.............. the bottom control was turned to COLD instead of HOT, what a plonker.

Off for a shower now to get ready for a few bevies and some games of darts.......................what a day.....
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
So where are the begonia seeds planted Bob? I am not too sure about the height of gladioli but I'm sure someone will enlighten us shortly
The Begonia bulbs are planted in a container right next to the flower box on that same handrail. They haven't broken the surface yet.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
What a day.......................

As my earlier post says, looking forward to lovely Thai meal with friends.
But decided to fit the new shower monobloc taps, "it will only take 10 mins dear".
Took the old taps off, started to wrap the thread with PTFE tape, guess what, it ran out.
Went to hop on the scoot and nip to the plumbers, the battery on the scoot was flat, luckily it started on the kick-start.
Get back, tapes up the threads, fits the new monobloc, refit the tube to the shower head, the plastic nut shatters.
Kick-start the scoot again and back into the pueblo to the Chinese bazaar to buy a new tube and shower head.
Get back and in 30 seconds, fitted and job done.

SWMBO gets in the shower, a shouts that the gas bottle must have run out as the shower is cold, (please remember, living in the Spanish campo is a bit 3rd world compared to the UK).
Round I go to the boiler only to find that there is plenty of gas in the bottle, so do a quick check and decide the water pressure is too low.
Dismantle the boiler and force Aqua Fuerta (strong Water or Acid) through the tank pipes to clear the cal build up.
Put it all back together and it won't ignite.

Then we had a power cut. Only for a few minutes thankfully.

Gave up and got ready and went to the Thai, where we had a truly super meal.

Got home and decided to have another look at the boiler.............. the bottom control was turned to COLD instead of HOT, what a plonker.

Off for a shower now to get ready for a few bevies and some games of darts.......................what a day.....
Wow Rocky, I'm surprised that you still had the energy to write it all down....
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
The Begonia bulbs are planted in a container right next to the flower box on that same handrail. They haven't broken the surface yet.
OMG! They're bulbs then! Told you I was worse than you!
maryl
UK

22-06-2011, 07:28 PM

Rockrider, you're post gave me a giggle. I read the whole thing out to my husband who had great sympathy for you, not me though I though it was funny!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2011, 08:15 PM

I thought they looked like glads! Depending on variety, generally around two feet high. Blue ones are lovely, Bob.

Rocky, laughed my head off at your saga! But glad you ended up with a super meal; like your sense of humor and way with words!
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2011, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Rockrider, you're post gave me a giggle. I read the whole thing out to my husband who had great sympathy for you, not me though I though it was funny!
At least I made someone happy today.........................
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2011, 01:46 AM

Two someones; I laughed myself silly!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top