Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2011, 07:41 PM

Re: Sunny Tuesday

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Eileen, just look at it as less places to look for Leia when she is missing. I am sure that you will adapt very quickly to you new surroundings and look forward to new items of news and possibly some Pic of the new place. My wishes go with you on you move on Friday, is it?
I hadn''t realised your move was so close Eileen. I hope all goes smoothly on Friday. I am sure Leia will be fine - It's bound to be strange for both of you for a little while. Moving after a long time in one home must require a bit of an adaptation. Just think how cosy you will be when its done and with no more worries of having too much to take care of. I believe you said there was a communal garden, which again is a boon if you don't have to take care of it all yourself. Get yourself something new for your home or yourself, something a bit indulgent. Best Wishes. Rena
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2011, 08:40 PM

Yes, Rena, 46 years in this house for me, almost 13 for Leia; it will be a change. I have to find out more about the garden; I'm already so pleased at the greenhouse: I have too many plants for the apartment so the excess can go in there instead of being abandoned. And just found they have a computer room, so of there's a problem getting mine hooked up at least I should be able to log on to let everyone know I'm alive! Assuming I have no trouble with a PC, have never used anything but a Mac. But sure I could find some help if needed
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2011, 08:46 PM

This is sounding better each time you post. I do admire your 'get on with things' attitude I don't know if I could be so brave. That greenhouse has done it hasn't it?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2011, 09:03 PM

I will admit, maryl, that the greenhouse did give me a definite nudge ... and the rooftop deck helped a bit too; as well has lucking out that one of the available units was one with the double floor-to-ceiling window! Not so much brave as resigned: have to move so might as well find a place I like and can live with the limitations (and that's withing my budget! )

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top