Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 01:27 PM

Re: Check - before you buy

Well theres a question - I 'think' as you get a 'warranty' on the car, there 'should' be a comeback on them ! The programme 'only' referred to private sales ......
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Pats you don't have to accept any offer from the other person, you can insist they pay the full amount, that is the law.
It may indeed be the Law Wrinkly but if they haven't got the money there's nothing you can do is there?!

Some time ago a teenager near where I then lived decided to get his kicks slashing car tyres, mine included.
The Police caught him, he confessed and went to court and was made to repay his victims, all 17 of them.

He offered to pay £5 per week, split between all of them and the court accepted it!

The only way we could sue was to cough up for a solicitor at £200 per hour with absolutely no guarantee of success at all.
In fact one bloke who got a free 20 minutes at the CAB was advised that the costs would rocket and he'd lose anyway!

Don't forget that this Government has virtually made access the Law via Legal Aid for most of us almost impossible now, even though people like Asil Nadir and Abu Qatada got Legal Aid and still paid nothing themselves. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 01:33 PM

You are correct Steve - that 'was' the case, a small amount paid to the victim each month - week !

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top