Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 01:36 PM

mortgage woes

after being on interest only payments for a period of time the building society have now re instated my repayment plan...I have renegotiated and shaved a lump of by extending the repayment term but I am still going to struggle....do have any options left open to me as I don't think the B\S will flex any further.......PS If I get through the job interview on Monday and get the job then problem solved and I will be in 7th heaven
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 01:48 PM

Re: mortgage woes

Will be thinking of you on Monday Steve .....
Is this job better suited to you ......
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 04:38 PM

Its for a domestic appliance engineer
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 05:17 PM

fingers never got uncrossed from last time UK best of luck
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 07:16 PM

This unemployment seems to be lasting a long time, it must be nearly two years now that you have been looking for a job..I thought that the job seekers office would have found you something by now, it seems hell of a long time to be looking for work.
Perhaps I was lucky in having the sort of job where they were always needing people.
Anyway, good luck on Monday.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

31-07-2013, 07:52 PM

you are right it has been 2 years ....since i have been signing on i have been probably been offered no more than 3-4 vacancies by the job seekers office (I have of course applied for dozens if not 100's more)..they seem very geared up in trying to sanction people etc ..I am also on the work programme which and i quote " are looking forward to see me again and continue to support to find the right job" they also said they would assist in retraining ...so far in a year i have been offered a 3 day job cleaning urinals and a warehouse job that was withdrawn and also working for free which i refused to do out of principal ... ....I have in fact applied for 2 jobs today and received 2 rejections from jobs applied for in the last few weeks ...I know of several people in my situation most with the same credentials as myself , including a friend he got made redundant just after me ..he is roughly the same age and has the same skills ...so it is not easy as you can see ..i just hope my interview next Monday comes up trumps...
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 08:35 PM

The annoying thing about being out of work, is that, because you are buying your own home, you can't claim any housing benefit, but if you were renting you could get the full rent paid.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 08:50 PM

Good luck Martin, it's not easy out there job seeking, hasn't been easy for at least as long as you have been looking so don't feel you are alone, many many people struggling too.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

31-07-2013, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
The annoying thing about being out of work, is that, because you are buying your own home, you can't claim any housing benefit, but if you were renting you could get the full rent paid.
well said i put that question to my MP ..he couldn't answer it ..the prob is if i do end up having my house repossessed, I will have to rent somewhere ...but because i am in line for a bit of equity ( about 2 1/2 times what i owe) I wont get benefits because i will have to much in the bank. plus i would never get a mortgage again as my credit rating is shot as well
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2013, 08:50 AM

You need proper advice on that Martin, repossession can seem easier but you won't get true value of your home, when we had problems back in the last recession (1985) we ended up far better off by selling up ourselves than we would have done if the mortgage company had sent the house to auction.

I obviously don't know your situation in detail but I would suggest a proper chat with someone who knows about these things before you allow your home to be repossessed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top