Join for free
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 09:29 PM

Warning of a scam

A FB friend of mine had a warning on her page about a scam/distraction robbery that happened to her in a supermarket carpark in Towcester, North hants. It could however happen anywhere.
She returned to her car with shopping, noticed a guy nearby standing besides a car with a map, he asked her to show him how to get to the motorway, he was also talking to someone on his mobile in a foreign language, she thought he was passing on directions. It turned out he had an accomplice who had watched her put her pin number in at the till, the guy outside was watching for her coming out & saw which car she was headed for, then the inside guy took her purse from the passenger seat & stole her card. They stole £500 altogether before she realized it was gone.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 09:37 PM

Re: Warning of a scam

THanks for that .TWIZ

I heard of one today , where women have been offered gold necklaces in the street & the seller puts it on her neck, then taking the persons own (valuable) neckless & scarpering with them both.

Sickening ennit, to think these bad people spend their days robbing innocents.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 09:58 PM

Gawd! Whatever next!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 08:30 AM

If someone was stood near my car I wouldn't go into it I would go back to the shop and get someone to walk with me. I also keep my purse in my handbag around my shoulder. Being street wise is what everyone needs to learn and quick by the looks of it. When I do my pin number either at the till or at a ATM I make sure I cover the numbers with my other hand and lean over it so even I can hardly see it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 03:54 PM

Yep - and when you're in a shop, watch for someone getting too close to you - happened to me a couple of times ... I immediately walk away ....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 04:13 PM

I try to be aware of any sort of scam. Once at an ATM there was a crowd waiting to use it and one youngster stood quite close. I asked him to move away, saying I wasn't going to use it while he stood too close. He didn't like it, but how am I to know if he was innocent? He was simply too close for my liking or comfort.

I really do try to be streetwise, keeping my bag close to me, or under a fleece/jacket, I'll never let anyone see my PIN, and my car doors are always, without exception, locked when I'm in it. But it's always good to be reminded of current ruses.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 04:19 PM

Thats good thats how I am - got the info from a docu, so I listened to what they had to say .....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Thats good thats how I am - got the info from a docu, so I listened to what they had to say .....
I watch them too, to keep up to date with the latest, and how to avoid as much as possible.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top