Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 01:12 PM

Re: Here Come the Vetoes on UK Extension ?

Hi

Just for clarity.

Leaving with No Deal does not mean that there will be any rollover of our Trade Deals or any Transition.

We are out, Tariffs in place and we have to abide by WTO Rules.

I simply cannot see the EU backing down, we will be out, Tariffs and Quotas on everything.

There will be no managed transition, that is a fantasy, we leave in 10 days time.

I think our Politicians, the whole lot of them, are a bunch of idiots, we deserve better.

They will not suffer one jot or iota, they keep their jobs and their Pensions.

I will never forgive them if we leave with no deal.

The only thing worse is not leaving, we voted leave, we have to.

Anything else is the end of Democracy.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Just for clarity.

Leaving with No Deal does not mean that there will be any rollover of our Trade Deals or any Transition.

We are out, Tariffs in place and we have to abide by WTO Rules.

I simply cannot see the EU backing down, we will be out, Tariffs and Quotas on everything.

There will be no managed transition, that is a fantasy, we leave in 10 days time.

I think our Politicians, the whole lot of them, are a bunch of idiots, we deserve better.

They will not suffer one jot or iota, they keep their jobs and their Pensions.

I will never forgive them if we leave with no deal.

The only thing worse is not leaving, we voted leave, we have to.

Anything else is the end of Democracy.
Leaving without a deal. No transition. And then trying to trade with the EU?
Barnier said he was sure that in the event of a no-deal “a few months after I’m sure UK will ask EU to begin negotiations” on trade but that “in that case the withdrawal agreement we put on the table at the beginning of this negotiation will be still here”. The negotiator said the UK would still have to settle the issues of citizens rights, Ireland, and the divorce bill included in the controversial treaty.
He wouldn't, couldn't, say that if the EU needs the UK harder than the UK needs the EU. Whoever started that soundbyte?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Leaving without a deal. No transition. And then trying to trade with the EU?
Barnier said he was sure that in the event of a no-deal “a few months after I’m sure UK will ask EU to begin negotiations” on trade but that “in that case the withdrawal agreement we put on the table at the beginning of this negotiation will be still here”. The negotiator said the UK would still have to settle the issues of citizens rights, Ireland, and the divorce bill included in the controversial treaty.
He wouldn't, couldn't, say that if the EU needs the UK harder than the UK needs the EU. Whoever started that soundbyte?
Hi

If it goes well, no need for the EU.

If it goes badly, we will need them.

The point I am making is that it is not in our control at all.

It will be decided by the International Money Markets.

They are not nice people, they are only interested in profit.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If it goes well, no need for the EU.

If it goes badly, we will need them.

The point I am making is that it is not in our control at all.
That makes it a 50-50 chance?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Once we leave the EU, the EU Parliament seats currently held by the UK (73) will be changed.

These changes are ...

The total number of EU seats (751) will reduce to 705 (Parliament is shrinking !)

46 seats will be held in "reserve" for future EU expansion (make of that what you will)

27 redistributed to those member states currently under-represented.

France will get +5
Spain will get +5
Italy +3

... etc

So should the UK ask for a long extension expect vetoes galore.

.. especially France, who will be catching up with Germany (who have the maximum 96) and end up on 79 (up from 74).

Here is the table of beneficiaries... it's no wonder Macron wants us out.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/resour...23RES92302.pdf

The flip side is that if we did stay in the EU then the seats allocated to us would be the remaining "reserve" seats, meaning the UK would be massively under represented as the 2nd biggest contributor and have less voting rights that Poland.

Remainers beware ....
How predictable! France presently has more numbers than us, and we are equally represented with Italy!

Who said that the EU is corrupt?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

03-04-2019, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
How predictable! France presently has more numbers than us, and we are equally represented with Italy!

Who said that the EU is corrupt?
The number of seats is determined by the number of inhabitants. If you have so many illegal immigrants in your country, legalize them and you are entitled to more seats in europarliament. You c/sh/ould have provided for some more ofspring yourself?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top