Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 08:25 AM

Re: Trump 'paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016' - New York Times

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If employing tax avoidance opportunities and the result is zero tax due then where's the problem?
There is such a thing as morally wrong though.....I mean this man is mega rich he isn't avoiding tax to provide a better life for himself and his family or to put food on the table I could forgive him if that was the case.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
There is such a thing as morally wrong though.....I mean this man is mega rich he isn't avoiding tax to provide a better life for himself and his family or to put food on the table I could forgive him if that was the case.
There is no such thing as morality where money is concerned, especially big money. It's a dog eat dog world.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There is no such thing as morality where money is concerned, especially big money. It's a dog eat dog world.
I thought ethics and morality was what seperates the humans
from the animals Todge ??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I thought ethics and morality was what seperates the humans
from the animals Todge ??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Personally I couldn't give a stuff about ethics or morality. I really couldn't.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 11:13 AM

I'm still reading through the article - how Trump has avoided criminal charges amazes me .....

However, his civil court list is massive:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_...f_Donald_Trump
An analysis by USA Today published in June 2016 found that over the previous three decades, Donald Trump and his businesses have been involved in 3,500 legal cases in U.S. federal courts and state court, an unprecedented number for a U.S. presidential candidate. Of the 3,500 suits, Trump or one of his companies were plaintiffs in 1,900; defendants in 1,450; and bankruptcy, third party, or other in 150. Trump was named in at least 169 suits in federal court. Over 150 other cases were in the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida (covering Broward County, Florida) since 1983. In about 500 cases, judges dismissed plaintiffs' claims against Trump. In hundreds more, cases ended with the available public record unclear about the resolution. Where there was a clear resolution, Trump won 451 times, and lost 38.

Among the most well-known Trump legal cases was the Trump University litigation. Three legal actions were brought alleging fraud, one by the New York State attorney general and the others by class action plaintiffs. In November 2016, Trump agreed to pay $25 million to settle the litigation.

I've just been notified by NYT that there is a Part 2 to the article .....
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 12:37 PM

Interesting take on Trumps taxes.

https://thepalmierireport.com/did-tr...2017-and-2018/
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Interesting take on Trumps taxes.

https://thepalmierireport.com/did-tr...2017-and-2018/
So, if Trump has nothing to hide and everything to shout about, why won't he reveal his "official" returns .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

29-09-2020, 12:53 PM

Trump tax returns: ‘No question’ president and daughter Ivanka could face prison, says Watergate prosecutor

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...n-b690355.html

A former federal prosecutor who worked on the Watergate scandal has said Donald and Ivanka Trump could be imprisoned for “tax fraud” after leaving the White House.

Asked during an appearance on CNN whether the US president could face charges for years of alleged tax evasion following the publication of his tax records this week, Nick Akerman said there was “no question about it”.

“Tax evasion is a five-year felony,” Mr Akerman told CNN. “It’s a pretty serious crime, and the more money that’s stolen, the longer you go to jail for.

“It looks like Trump has done a whole series of activities that could qualify as tax fraud, not tax avoidance,” the prosecutor added.

“Tax avoidance is simply getting-taking the tax code and getting the most deductions you can get under the code that’s perfectly legal. Tax fraud however is lying about what your income was, what your deductions are, and there are items that stand out in that report that appear to go beyond tax avoidance.”
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

29-09-2020, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
So, if Trump has nothing to hide and everything to shout about, why won't he reveal his "official" returns .....
Why should he? It's at the very least very highly sensitive commercial information.

After all for YEARS Barack Hussein never released his long form birth certificate and what was eventually released is far from credible. If genuine it would have been produced from the very beginning.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

29-09-2020, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Trump tax returns: ‘No question’ president and daughter Ivanka could face prison, says Watergate prosecutor

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...n-b690355.html
Purely speculative comments based on nothing other than Trump hatred from a highly biased source.

Next?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top