Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 08:18 PM

Re: Least favorite childhood food!

Here's a pic of most delicious nosh, Portuguese black pudding type thing. We buy it here in London, those white bits are tripe. Tripe, my most hated childhood experience.

https://1000-recetas.blogspot.com/20...canos-del.html
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Kinda had to. Circumstances. I also had chicken feet. It was a special treat served up for a family in Taiwan. Not exactly to my taste.........
Oh my word, it’s so pasty and tasteless. I just couldn’t. And just the thought of eating brain was off putting. Chicken feet is not the best but here in Africa it’s a local delicacy. That’s the word they use when it’s cheap parts of protein. Do you eat Haggis and Black Pudding?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Here's a pic of most delicious nosh, Portuguese black pudding type thing. We buy it here in London, those white bits are tripe. Tripe, my most hated childhood experience.

https://1000-recetas.blogspot.com/20...canos-del.html
Hey DooD, I believe you and although it sounds like I took offense, I didn’t-trust me. It’s takes a lot to ruffle my feathers
By the way- nice sausage
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Oh my word, it’s so pasty and tasteless. I just couldn’t. And just the thought of eating brain was off putting. Chicken feet is not the best but here in Africa it’s a local delicacy. That’s the word they use when it’s cheap parts of protein. Do you eat Haggis and Black Pudding?
I have. Not often. Haggis more so but still infrequent for us:

''Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face, Great chieftain o' the pudding-race! Aboon them a' ye tak your place, Painch, tripe, or thairm : Weel are ye wordy o'a grace As lang's my arm.''
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 08:44 PM

Baked beans...

Can't stand the look and the smell of them. Mashed potatoes too I can't abide especially when someone makes them all slimy with gravy. I'm gipping as I type this.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 08:51 PM

I have. Not often. Haggis more so but still infrequent for us:

''Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face, Great chieftain o' the pudding-race! Aboon them a' ye tak your place, Painch, tripe, or thairm : Weel are ye wordy o'a grace As lang's my arm.''
Amazingly, I kinda understood the last phrase of your comment. I even read it out loud with a Scottish accent to boot- all I was missing was a kilt and bagpipes!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Baked beans...

Can't stand the look and the smell of them. Mashed potatoes too I can't abide especially when someone makes them all slimy with gravy. I'm gipping as I type this.
Baked beans on toast is a UK staple! How ever will you survive? And cottage pie and Shepard’s pie is another UK staple.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 08:56 PM

Kinda had to. Circumstances. I also had chicken feet. It was a special treat served up for a family in Taiwan. Not exactly to my taste.........
Yuk! That's fowl.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yuk! That's fowl.
That’s funny
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 08:58 PM

Chicken feet go into REAL chicken soup along with gefilte helzel "stuffed neck" and any eggs from inside the bird that have not yet been laid.

Then salt and pepper, sliced carrot, a whole onion for a while, and then served in an individual soup bowl along with a dollop of lockshen (vermicelli) that has been cooked separatly for a very few minutes only.

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top