Join for free
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 09:52 AM

Re: American Cops - again

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Taking too much for granted, everyone should expect a basic level of respect , it works both ways. The police cannot enforce the law while breaking it themselves. They are not trusted.
In this case they were doing their duty, not breaking any law.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Precisely because there WERE three kids in the car. It's called damage limitation.
Rubbish !
I saw that video they didn’t need to shoot him at all they could have just grabbed him there were three of them and he was unharmed .
Damage limitation does not mean shooting an unarmed man in front of his children as he gets in a car .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 09:57 AM

In this case they were doing their duty, not breaking any law.
No they weren’t they were behaving like homicidal thugs .

Shooting a man in the back Like that is criminal .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Rubbish !
I saw that video they didn’t need to shoot him at all they could have just grabbed him there were three of them and he was unharmed .
Damage limitation does not mean shooting an unarmed man in front of his children as he gets in a car .
Did you read the backstory?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

26-08-2020, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Rubbish !
What he might do with or to the kids once in the car in my opinion entirely justified taking him down. Had I been one of the officers I would have done exactly the same as they did.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 10:17 AM

Precisely because there WERE three kids in the car. It's called damage limitation.
The police are in denial of the damage they are causing.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

26-08-2020, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The police are in denial of the damage they are causing.
In many cases that is certainly true.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 10:21 AM

Massive over reaction by the police in my opinion although the man did lean down as if to pick something up on the car seat and perhaps they thought it was a gun but even so 7 shots?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

26-08-2020, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Massive over reaction by the police in my opinion although the man did lean down as if to pick something up on the car seat and perhaps they thought it was a gun but even so 7 shots?
As I wrote, if on meth or some other drugs unless it was a heart or head shot one shot just wouldn't do it. Even a heart shot isn't always instantaneous .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 10:48 AM

I must agree with Todger. The fact that every person in America is allowed to carry a gun the police don't know what they are about face when apprehending a suspect. How many policemen are shot and killed in America each year? The media don't tell you that do they.....
It's a dangerous job that not many people would want to do. So to quote the words of Jack Nicholson....."You Want Me On That Wall".....

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top