Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 08:54 AM

Re: Sir Keir Starmer: PM is pretending there isn’t a problem with testing

Hi

It will be interesting to see how my app works at the hospital tomorrow.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If you down load that track and trace thingy to your phone and you go to a supermarket where someone has tested positive do you and every other person, including staff, in that supermarket have to self isolate for 10 days? Even if you have not been anywhere near the infected person. What happened to the 15 minute chat rule or whatever it was 999 rules ago?

I only go to supermarkets and very few other shops, if they tell me to isolate that means my family that I have been meeting with will also have to isolate and miss work and school!
Is that right?
In a word, yes.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It will be interesting to see how my app works at the hospital tomorrow.
I visited my local (very large) hospital yesterday with the app switched on - I spent over 15 minutes with only one other (my venesection nurse) - no problems/notifications with the app.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 07:41 PM

Ex-Sainsbury's boss takes key NHS Test and Trace job

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54345950

Former Sainsbury's]supermarket chief executive Mike Coupe is to take over as director of Covid-19 testing at England's Test and Trace agency. He brings huge experience in running supply chains and logistics, said the Department for Health and Social Care.

Mr Coupe, who left Sainsbury's in May, replaces Sarah-Jane Marsh, who, earlier this month issued a "heartfelt" apology for problems with the coronavirus testing system. She blamed delays in laboratory processing.

At Test and Trace, Mr Coupe will be joining other former retail executives. The head of the service, Dido Harding, worked at Tesco and Sainsbury's before spending seven years as boss of TalkTalk. A former head of HR at Sainsbury's is at test and trace, as is a former digital director of Waitrose.

In a tweet about Mr Coupe's appointment, first reported in the Health Service Journal, Mr Ashworth said: "How about putting those trained in actual infectious disease control in charge of Test & Trace? Local public health teams should be leading contact tracing."

Mr Coupe has more than 35 years experience in the retail sector, and led Sainsbury's home delivery expansion and drive for online sales. However, he is also remembered for a failed attempt to take over rival Asda after the deal was blocked by the competition. Before that there was a notable corporate gaffe. When the proposed Asda takeover was announced in May 2018 he was caught on camera singing "We're in the Money". He apologised, saying he had been trying to compose himself before a television interview.
Sainsbury's expertise dominates Dido's disastrous T, T & T ...... expect special offers - BOGOF, 3 for the price of 2, Family Special .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

01-10-2020, 12:17 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-54362119

Test and Trace figures record new weekly virus high

A total of 31,373 new people tested positive for Covid-19 in England in the week up to 23 September, according to the latest NHS Test and Trace figures that have just been released.

It's a 61% increase in positive cases compared with the previous week and is the highest weekly total since Test and Trace was launched at the end of May.

The latest Department of Health figures showed 71.6% of close contacts of those who tested positive in England were reached through the Test and Trace system in that week.

That was down from 76.3% the previous week, but more than the 69.9% for the week to 2 September, which was the lowest to date.

Just 2.9% of people in England who used a home test kit for Covid-19 received their result within 24 hours in the week to 23 September.

This is up slightly from 1.8% in the previous week, which was the lowest weekly percentage recorded.

The figures also showed 30.4% of people received the result of a home test within 48 hours, up from 11.3% in the previous week.
Those figures are dire in all respects .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

04-10-2020, 10:22 AM

Covid: PM has 'lost control of virus', says Labour leader

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54405718

Speaking to the Observer, Sir Keir Starmer accused the prime minister of "serial incompetence" over the virus.

Sir Keir said the prime minister was guilty of "governing in hindsight", as he ramped up his attack on the government's handling of the pandemic.

Sir Keir blames divisions in the top of government and says that local health officials should have been more involved in tackling outbreaks, according to the paper.

He has called for ministers to set out a new "road map" for dealing with Covid-19 until a vaccine is rolled out.
Indeed ..... BJ's shambolic reactive approach to controlling the pandemic has patently failed - there were 12,872 new (tested) cases reported today (double those of the day before) owing to the inclusion of "previously missing data" from 24 September to 1 October, with the prospect of more "missing data" to come .....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2020, 04:02 PM

It's all very well knocking our current Government at every turn but I've yet to hear what the opposition parties and various others would have done differently and would do now if they were in charge. It's about time the likes of Starmer and Co put up or shut up.

As a matter of interest, on Andrew Marr this morning, the Shadow Health Minister said the Labour Party had suggested that the pubs and restaurants should have staggered closing times to prevent a melee on the streets at 10pm. What a crazily stupid idea that is. They can't have thought that one through at all properly, if at all. The first thing that springs to my mind is the customers would just move from one pub to another, creating a pub crawl if you will, making things so much worse for all.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

04-10-2020, 05:54 PM

We're still waiting for today's "missing data" - it's 2 hours overdue .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2020, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
We're still waiting for today's "missing data" - it's 2 hours overdue .....
Have patience Omah!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

04-10-2020, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Have patience Omah!
I'll try .....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top