Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 11:26 PM

Re: Toyota and Nissan.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I know all about the Holden Brucy, it was an american V8 which
the sheep shaggers bought from america where it couldnt make it
due to its archaic design !!
But l suppose it was good enough for swagmen !
So you cant say that you had a truly australian car industry at all !!
Dear me Assman, every time you type something you demonstrate that you know three parts of bugger all.

The 1948 Holden was powered by a straight 6 motor designed and built in Australia. It was called the grey motor because it was painted grey, it was replaced by the red motor which you may be surprised to learn was painted red.

Personally I had one car with the grey motor an FB Holden and two with the red motor an HK station wagon and an HJ sedan.

The V8s too were an Australian built design until about 1999 when they started using US made engines.

Australian designed engines were exported to the US for the Monaro (from memory)

You may be no wiser but at least you are better informed.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Dear me Assman, every time you type something you demonstrate that you know three parts of bugger all.

The 1948 Holden was powered by a straight 6 motor designed and built in Australia. It was called the grey motor because it was painted grey, it was replaced by the red motor which you may be surprised to learn was painted red.

Personally I had one car with the grey motor an FB Holden and two with the red motor an HK station wagon and an HJ sedan.

The V8s too were an Australian built design until about 1999 when they started using US made engines.

Australian designed engines were exported to the US for the Monaro (from memory)

You may be no wiser but at least you are better informed.
From memory, the name holden came from the owner who joined
with General Motors t make cars under licence in australia with a
company called unsurprisingly, General Motors, Holden!
You may be correct on the type of engine, but aV8 did fgure in their
roduct range!
Manufacturing eventually ceased, and the company continued
business by importing the complete cars due l suppose to the
inability of the local work force to cope with the complexities of
engineering??

Donkeyman! 👍😀😀👍
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Thinks are hotting up.

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...ail-paper-says
Automotive News Europe, eh?
Sounds a little biased to me. Can't think why!

Or is this yet another threat/demand-based publication on behalf of the EU-remoaner alliance?

I really don't care whether motor manufacturers or any other businesses in the UK decide to try to punish us.

The one enormous benefit that people seem to forget is that it is more than likely to kick start our own entrepreneurs to re-awaken our lost skills and encourage us to become far more self-sufficient as a nation.

We must remember that we have had 40 years of a foreign power sucking us dry and weakening us in every way possible.

That really must end now, or it will turn out to be the end of the UK as a nation.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Automotive News Europe, eh?
Sounds a little biased to me. Can't think why!

Or is this yet another threat/demand-based publication on behalf of the EU-remoaner alliance?

I really don't care whether motor manufacturers or any other businesses in the UK decide to try to punish us.

The one enormous benefit that people seem to forget is that it is more than likely to kick start our own entrepreneurs to re-awaken our lost skills and encourage us to become far more self-sufficient as a nation.

We must remember that we have had 40 years of a foreign power sucking us dry and weakening us in every way possible.

That really must end now, or it will turn out to be the end of the UK as a nation.
👍😀👍😀👍!!

Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Can't see them closing their factories any time soon because of the £multimillions investments both companies have made in them over the last few years. Don't forget Nissan closed its Spanish plant recently and moved production to Sunderland.
The more they invested, the more to lose, the more need for damage control.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...it-deal-struck
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 07:01 PM

Tesla aren't worried about tariffs obviously, so why the hoo-hah abot Toyota & Nissan?
This makes me think it's no more than more anti-Brexit hot air:
"Tesla to export China-made Model 3 vehicles to Europe"
https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-te...KBN2741HW?il=0

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top