Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 09:22 AM

Gladys in Very Deep Poo

The Premier of NSW Gladys Berejiklian has appeared before the Independent Commission Against Corruption answering questions about her relationship with disgraced Wagga Wagga MP Daryl Maguire.

In evidence to the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) today, the Premier revealed she was in a relationship with Mr Maguire from 2015 until a few months ago.

Ms Berejiklian said she made a mistake and would not have made the same decisions, if she knew then what she knows now.

She said she felt let down by Mr Maguire, having "trusted him for a long time".

Mr Maguire, who was forced to resign as Liberal MP for Wagga Wagga in 2018, is under investigation by the ICAC for allegedly using his political influence in business deals.

The contradiction between Ms Berejiklian as the steadfast, by-the-book, risk-averse leader and a relationship that was at the very least misjudged after multiple allegations against Mr Maguire, is as surprising as it is unfathomable.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-...-icac/12758234

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:13 AM

Re: Gladys in Very Deep Poo

Another case of chucking the baby out with the bathwater...
A brilliant career ruined by the media and hearsay....I didn't know her but it sounds a bit trivial Bruce.....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Another case of chucking the baby out with the bathwater...
A brilliant career ruined by the media and hearsay....I didn't know her but it sounds a bit trivial Bruce.....
I depends what she knows, ICAC has powers similar to a Royal Commission, it will be a pity to lose her but testimony before ICAC has seen an earlier Premier resign over a gift of a bottle of wine.

There is more t be played out here.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:24 PM

I will reserve judgement on Glad seeing that she has handled COVID and the Bushfire crisis so well and generally at least tried to run a tight ship in NSW. And I am a (Not one eyed) Labor voter...mostly. I think Jodi Mackay is going to have to be careful how viciously she responds to this. She is already looking overly nasty in her response. She will come off second best if she's not careful. Glad will survive this.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

13-10-2020, 12:17 PM

Not a good day in parliament for Gladys

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

14-10-2020, 11:38 AM

She might survive as Premier but it is getting harder. Considering that no one had any inkling of this a week ago things have changed dramatically for a popular Premier

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top