Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 12:28 PM

Boris has said it !!!

Well, well! Boris has said what we wanted to hear publicly on
national TV !!
But, he has tried to blame the eu for abandoning the negotiations
instead of stepping back from the table himself!!
Which l believe would have a much bigger impact on the negotiations.
So we have little progress on our side, lt remains to see if eu
is impressed enough to move??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 12:42 PM

Re: Boris has said it !!!

Yes, Yes, Yes, well done PM. A euphoric sense of freedom.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 12:58 PM

Hi

Boris was offered the exactly same deal as Canada.

He refused it.

He wanted Canada +++.

We are leaving with No Deal, now time for Boris to get on with it.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 01:09 PM

I am not making any judgement until I actually witness Boris and Frosty on my television screen stating the reason they walked away from the trade agreements without a deal.
Only then will I give three cheers that we will have no further truck with those EU chancers who seem to have been living in a constant fog when it comes to their treatment of a sovereign nation. On yer bike Barnier!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 01:14 PM

Hi

Boris has not walked away and said we are leaving with No Deal.

He has simply blamed the EU and left the door open.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I am not making any judgement until I actually witness Boris and Frosty on my television screen stating the reason they walked away from the trade agreements without a deal.
Only then will I give three cheers that we will have no further truck with those EU chancers who seem to have been living in a constant fog when it comes to their treatment of a sovereign nation. On yer bike Barnier!
Up till this moment, all he has done is putting the blame for a break of negotiations, IF it transpires, at the door of the EU.
Merkel has declared the EU is prepared for concessions. Boris may use that as an explanation why he is prepared to extend negotiations into next week.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 01:43 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-with-eu-video
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 01:48 PM

Boris desperately wants a trade deal, even if it is only an australia-type one

The UK’s chief negotiator, David Frost, tweeted in response: “Disappointed by the [summit] conclusions on UK/EU negotiations. Surprised EU is no longer committed to working ‘intensively’ to reach a future partnership as agreed with [the European commission president, Ursula von der Leyen] on 3 October.

Well, it is only a limited and specific break of negotiations.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 01:50 PM

Boris actually said ...

“For whatever reason it’s clear from the summit that after 45 years of membership, they are not willing — unless there’s some fundamental change of approach — to offer this country the same terms as Canada”

“And so with high hearts and with complete confidence we will prepare to embrace the alternative”

Go Boris !
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

16-10-2020, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Boris actually said ...

“For whatever reason it’s clear from the summit that after 45 years of membership, they are not willing — unless there’s some fundamental change of approach — to offer this country the same terms as Canada”

“And so with high hearts and with complete confidence we will prepare to embrace the alternative”

Go Boris !

Donald Tusk offers UK a Canada-style trade deal in blow for Theresa May's Brexit plan https://www.cityam.com/donald-tusk-o...-blow-theresa/

Guess why may refused that canada style deal?

However, the deal put forward by Tusk would see Northern Ireland stay in the EU's customs union and Single Market in order to avoid a hard border with Ireland.

And it was boris johnson who accepted just that condition in his withdrawal agreement. In 2019.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top