Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 09:22 PM

Re: Sir John Redwoods Reaction Yesterday to No Deal

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Those on the public payroll are subservient and naturally expected to be loyal.
You better watch Yes minister! again.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 09:37 PM

https://order-order.com/2018/04/19/o...ivil-servants/

The enemies within.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://order-order.com/2018/04/19/o...ivil-servants/

The enemies within.
No, those who protect your country from the whim of the day of politicians.

Bernard, I have served eleven governments in the past thirty years. If I had believed in all their policies, I would have been passionately committed to keeping out of the Common Market, and passionately committed to going into it. I would have been utterly convinced of the rightness of nationalising steel. And of denationalising it and renationalising it. On capital punishment, I'd have been a fervent retentionist and an ardent abolishionist. I would've been a Keynesian and a Friedmanite, a grammar school preserver and destroyer, a nationalisation freak and a privatisation maniac; but above all, I would have been a stark, staring, raving schizophrenic.

Sir Humphrey Appleby:*Government isn’t about morality.

Minister Jim Hacker:*Oh I see, what is it about then?

Sir Humphrey Appleby:*Stability. Keeping things going. Preventing anarchy. Stopping society falling to bits. Still being here tomorrow.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
No, those who protect your country from the whim of the day of politicians.

Bernard, I have served eleven governments in the past thirty years. If I had believed in all their policies, I would have been passionately committed to keeping out of the Common Market, and passionately committed to going into it. I would have been utterly convinced of the rightness of nationalising steel. And of denationalising it and renationalising it. On capital punishment, I'd have been a fervent retentionist and an ardent abolishionist. I would've been a Keynesian and a Friedmanite, a grammar school preserver and destroyer, a nationalisation freak and a privatisation maniac; but above all, I would have been a stark, staring, raving schizophrenic.

Sir Humphrey Appleby:*Government isn’t about morality.

Minister Jim Hacker:*Oh I see, what is it about then?

Sir Humphrey Appleby:*Stability. Keeping things going. Preventing anarchy. Stopping society falling to bits. Still being here tomorrow.
Can't argue with that Solasch....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 04:18 PM

So Sollasch has to quote a scene from a sitcom to support his views? Nothing to do with reality though, perhaps?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
So Sollasch has to quote a scene from a sitcom to support his views? Nothing to do with reality though, perhaps?
Nothing ever is for him.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top