Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 11:26 AM

Re: Toilet paper: the over versus under debate

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Our roll is up & out, forward & foremost with pronounced munificence. It's always been that way, the leading edge facing the world, not the wall.

I've been sitting on the throne, king of the little room, looking for improvement, remaining chipper with the status quo.
You do it to music?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 12:05 PM

We have bidets at home. Not just the splash things but with an up-pointing faucet.
Toilet paper is used only as a means to dry off the affected area.

I find the thought of anything else horrible and very unhygienic. Obviously when there is no means to wash you just gotta do what you gotta do but even in many semi-civilised countries you'll find a flexible hose by the side of the pan. Often with a pedal bin for used paper but as it's mostly just damp that's no big deal.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Toilet paper. How do you think it should roll?
From the top or from the bottom and why?
So long as it continues to wipe away the klingons, who actually cares?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We have bidets at home. Not just the splash things but with an up-pointing faucet.
Toilet paper is used only as a means to dry off the affected area.

I find the thought of anything else horrible and very unhygienic. Obviously when there is no means to wash you just gotta do what you gotta do but even in many semi-civilised countries you'll find a flexible hose by the side of the pan. Often with a pedal bin for used paper but as it's mostly just damp that's no big deal.
Wet wash works best!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
So long as it continues to wipe away the klingons, who actually cares?
Unless its a “Scotty beam me up” moment!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You do it to music?
rockin' all over the world ...

... must fix that seat.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
rockin' all over the world ...

... must fix that seat.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 01:31 PM

Deviating slightly, back in the 50s Merchant ships might discharge their toilets down a pipe and into the sea.

If there was rough weather, the pipe going towards the quiet side would be open and the weather side would be closed.

If the wags fancied a bit of fun, the weather side might be left open and the force of a big wave hitting that side could leave you not looking for toilet paper but needing a tin helmet as the blast lifted you up off the toilet and your head hit the roof!

As my wife found out when she joined me for a trip, long ago!

You got clean though!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

25-10-2020, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Deviating slightly, back in the 50s Merchant ships might discharge their toilets down a pipe and into the sea.

If there was rough weather, the pipe going towards the quiet side would be open and the weather side would be closed.

If the wags fancied a bit of fun, the weather side might be left open and the force of a big wave hitting that side could leave you not looking for toilet paper but needing a tin helmet as the blast lifted you up off the toilet and your head hit the roof!

As my wife found out when she joined me for a trip, long ago!

You got clean though!
Now, that gives a whole new meaning to “Scotty, beam me up”
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-10-2020, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Now, that gives a whole new meaning to “Scotty, beam me up”

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top