Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 04:56 PM

Re: Least favorite childhood food!

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Tripe, lungs, sheep's brain, sweetbread (pancreas) utterly horrible to this day. Meat at any price was very difficult to get when I was a kid.
I also don’t like offal. Detest it actually. I think the most I could stand is tripe cooked in a very, very special Indian spice by myself so that I can ensure it’s cleaned until it’s white. My son and daughter enjoy tripe so I have to cook it - usually once every two years!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Lettuce leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, radishes and nothing much else apart from bread.

Another - sausages and runny cheese done in a pan with milk (I think). Nice after the first mouthful, sickly when you've eaten it all up.
That’s almost the entire pantry!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I don't remember having a least favourite food, whatever I was eating at the time was my favourite, and nothing has changed really...
So then, what’s your favorite food?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Any vegetable that was over boiled as my mother was prone to do. These days, I prefer my veg (except potatoes) just heated in boiling water for 2 or 3 mins. Potatoes have to be boiled until they are just on the soft side of al dente.
Yes, I also hate overdone veggies!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Kippers & I still hate them. In fact any fish with bones in them, they turn my tummy.
Fish with bones isn’t pleasant to eat
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 05:01 PM

School mashed potato.
Luke warm with grey lumps even now I feel sick at the thought .
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
School mashed potato.
Luke warm with grey lumps even now I feel sick at the thought .
Sounds awful!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 05:06 PM

Runner beans. Mum tried to make me sit at the table to eat mine, with the command I wasn’t leaving till I had. I remember sitting there crying. Won’t touch them to this day. Won’t eat sprouts either, and the thought of any salad item...yeuk.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Runner beans. Mum tried to make me sit at the table to eat mine, with the command I wasn’t leaving till I had. I remember sitting there crying. Won’t touch them to this day. Won’t eat sprouts either, and the thought of any salad item...yeuk.
At least you lived to tell the tale! As kids, we’d get a sound whipping if we didn’t eat what was on the table. I learnt at a young age to gulp!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
At least you lived to tell the tale! As kids, we’d get a sound whipping if we didn’t eat what was on the table. I learnt at a young age to gulp!
Don’t remember that ever being an issue.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top