Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 02:49 PM

Car Insurance!

For about 4 weeks now I've been getting emails and snail-mail offering cheaper car insurance, including TWO recent emails from my current provider but today I was really annoyed!
Recently, on TV I saw a news item clearly telling us car insurance had taken a battering and nearly all the unsolicited emails I've had have been under my last year premium but what do my insurers offer?

£37 per annum more!

My Car Insurance runs out in July and I've sent them a polite email pointing out that one of their own emails to me three days ago quoted me £48 less than last year's premium so they will be waiting rather a long time for me to renew at £37 more than 2013!

Bloody cheek! stevmk2
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 03:03 PM

Re: Car Insurance!

Hi Steve, I always go on one of the price comparison sites and always seem to get a better deal than renewing with my current (at the time) company.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Hi Steve, I always go on one of the price comparison sites and always seem to get a better deal than renewing with my current (at the time) company.
Appreciate that Alan but I don't like comparison sites.

I prefer to go to a broker, tell them what I want and let them do all the trawling.

There's virtually no extras you should pay as many brokers get paid commission / fees by the Insurers themselves.

I only went with my present provider because they did a big discount for new customers that my broker couldn't match - I've over-stayed my welcome now I think! stevmk2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 02:42 PM

I always dread this yearly battle to renew, and find a good price.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 02:50 PM

I've been with Aviva for a few years now as they've always come out cheaper than any other company, I usually ring round several insurers for quotes but they couldn't beat mine
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

24-06-2014, 03:55 PM

I've had a response from my Car Insurance Provider - begins with an A - ends in an A but don't do buses - geddit?!

No! It's not Aruba either!!

Anyway, they are NOT prepared to reconsider so that's that!

I went on the Nationwide website and got a Car insurance quote online - £208, (Excess £250).

I noticed it's Liverpool Victoria Insurance so I went on their site and typed in the identical figures - £185 (Excess £250) - Hah!

Devious gits! Glad I voted against their Director's remuneration Package now.

Looks like I'm going back to my broker A-Plan or going with LV so far but I'll try one more - Direct Line

Whoah!!
£158!! Excess £350 though - not so good but probably another £20 to get down to £250 maybe....??

These are all Fully Comp. by the way, even though the car's 12 years old.

I've got AA cover too but I'm a bit annoyed that they ALL say I've got to pay to protect my No Claims Bonus - sod that!

Going down to A-Plan tomorrow as they've said on a reply email that they can "beat any quote I've had" and I've got three now so we will see. Tee-hee! stevmk2
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->

There's virtually no extras you should pay as many brokers get paid commission / fees by the Insurers themselves.
The brokers commission/fee is added on to your premium by the insurers.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

24-06-2014, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
The brokers commission/fee is added on to your premium by the insurers.
Appreciate what you say Jimmy but, last year - just for the Hell of it - I got a quote direct from AXA then got another, identically-worded quote via a broker but said I wanted AXA - it came through with the exactly same price.

Someone's being devious I'll grant you Jim but I don't think it was the broker this time.

I've already primed it though - 4 quotes now - all printed out for them to refer to - and they will - so we'll see eh?! stevmk2
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 04:26 PM

good luck with that! I hate it when it comes around to searching for a cheaper insurance deal it's a pain and time consuming too
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 04:52 PM

The protected no claims is a big con, you are paying extra to get a discount, so you are not really getting a discount.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top