Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 03:44 PM

House Insurance

My house insurance is due and the one I've been with have increased the policy by 25£ and also the excess to be paid has increased as well ,
So looking around ive found a cheaper policy with less excess, but what i cannot find is if the water mains supply and sewage drains out side in the drive are covered,I understand we are liable if a leak occurs ,
Any advice would be appreciated
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 04:06 PM

Re: House Insurance

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
My house insurance is due and the one I've been with have increased the policy by 25£ and also the excess to be paid has increased as well ,
So looking around ive found a cheaper policy with less excess, but what i cannot find is if the water mains supply and sewage drains out side in the drive are covered,I understand we are liable if a leak occurs ,
Any advice would be appreciated
I think you have to select it under Home Emergency Cover Eliza - not sure but I can't find anything saying Insurers automatically include this cover.

I've had cause this year to check but I found it an option rather than included. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 04:13 PM

Just Email or phone the company you have found Eliza, best to know what you are covered for before you go ahead .......
I have found local companies to be better than online bigger companies ....
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 05:46 PM

Ok thanks Steve,and Patsy
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 06:07 PM

We go to a local Insurance broker, they get us the best deal and are very helpful. You know exactly what you are covered for - good luck x
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 07:06 PM

I recently got a renewal in for my house insurance and nearly fell off the chair! There was no way I could afford it. Result was I had to pay £25 to cancel it. Piece of nonsense. I have a member of family who has never paid insurance and chooses to bank the payments instead. They've ended up with loads in the bank and have paid very little as they haven't had to pay out for any incident.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 11:07 PM

I'd suggest you phone your insurance company and say the quote is higher than you'd like and could they bring it down a bit?
I saved myself £35 by doing that.

As for your pipes..........ask for a quote to include that and compare that to HomeServe..............I'm paying £8 per month....but I think that's a special offer for only 12 months, after that the price shoots sky high.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

29-12-2014, 04:09 PM

ive completed the house and contents insurance today , to cover the pipe work i was not gaining that much so decided against ,and im going to look at Home Serve for the plumbing .
Thanks all for your replies ,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
We go to a local Insurance broker, they get us the best deal and are very helpful. You know exactly what you are covered for - good luck x
For the past couple of years we have used a Broker, as our renewal is due on the 21st, we received our renewal quotation through the post, it said House Insurance Premium £142.09, Insurance Premium Tax £8.53 total £150.62, Pay by Direct Debit £19.99 per month which = £239.88. Well £239.88 is a darn site more than £150.62 so I phoned them, what was not documented was there is a Broker Charge of £25.00, £30.00 for Legal Cover, and £32.00 interest for paying monthly.
So I went onto the comparison sites, the AA have a comparable policy with legal cover included for £97.56 one off payment, or £108.21 over 12 months, job done, bugger Brokers.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-01-2015, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
For the past couple of years we have used a Broker, as our renewal is due on the 21st, we received our renewal quotation through the post, it said House Insurance Premium £142.09, Insurance Premium Tax £8.53 total £150.62, Pay by Direct Debit £19.99 per month which = £239.88. Well £239.88 is a darn site more than £150.62 so I phoned them, what was not documented was there is a Broker Charge of £25.00, £30.00 for Legal Cover, and £32.00 interest for paying monthly.
So I went onto the comparison sites, the AA have a comparable policy with legal cover included for £97.56 one off payment, or £108.21 over 12 months, job done, bugger Brokers.
Don't blame you Spittie - we have always used this system and have never been charged - if we have, it must have been very little as we have always got a good deal.
What put me off online insurance is trying to get through to them, know someone who had a bad experience and put us off ........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top