Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 04:46 PM

John Inman child sex claims investigated by Devon and Cornwall Police

How many more dead celebrities are there going to be investigated?

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/John...ail/story.html

CLAIMS that Are You Being Served and pantomime star John Inman sexually assaulted a young boy in Devon in the 1970s are being investigated by police.

According to reports in the national press, a Torquay man has come forward alleging he was abused several times by the late TV and panto actor.

Inman's family have strenuously denied that he would have been involved in any wrongdoing.

The alleged victim says he was 13 years old when he says Inman - assisted by a friend - forced him to perform sex acts in a Torquay hotel room.

The man, now aged 48, reported the alleged abuse to Devon and Cornwall Police at the beginning of January, it has been reported.

A force spokesperson said: “Devon and Cornwall Police are investigating an allegation of historic sexual abuse by two men against a boy in Torquay in 1979.

"The *investigation, being led by the Force’s Sexual Offences and Domestic Abuse Team, is at an early stage and therefore it would be inappropriate to comment further.”

Inman died in 2007 following a long battle with hepatitis.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:01 PM

Re: John Inman child sex claims investigated by Devon and Cornwall Police

Why come forward now? Is it someone wanting their 15 minutes of fame?

I find it difficult to believe that so many actors/singers/famous people carried out such acts, whether at a young or old age! What I do believe in is someone wanting to jump on the bandwagon and to make an outrageous claim.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:09 PM

Isn't it ridiculous coming forward now? Whats the matter with these dip sticks if you want justice you should have come forward when the man was alive. If i was in charge i would chuck the claim out the window.😠
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:13 PM

wonder why =they have waited so long with this case .... all seems pointless i did like him in are u being served ..and did run a lot of panto's at xmas time ...are we fooled yet again i ask ... u will never know now !
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:52 PM

The man is dead any claim is now unable to be contested by the accused and so should left to rest.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
The man is dead any claim is now unable to be contested by the accused and so should left to rest.
Yes, it's all too easy to accuse folk who are no longer with us. He died in 2007 so why did his accuser wait?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 06:43 PM

Complaints of this sort MUST be investigated whether dead or not.

He may not be here to answer questions or accusations but an investigation may reveal other persons involved in paedophilia or abuse.

Anyone involved in this sort of crime doesn't deserve to rest in peace.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 06:55 PM

I am sure somebody will tell us that the children in these claims were too scared at the time to report it. but I ask myself why, after 35 years, has he suddenly found the courage to report it. There is no proof, the accused can not offer his version of events, and what do they hope to achieve, even if the accused is guilty, because he can no longer be punished. The only thing I think they are after is compensation, and our police are too busy to deal with 35 year old crimes, just so somebody can get some money from them. A complete waste of police time and the taxpayers money. imo.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 06:59 PM

They cannot get compensation, they cannot prove it.

What the police can do is link the accused to others, possibly others guilty of similar crimes.

The intelligence gathered could help convict others.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

31-01-2016, 07:04 PM

Ps. I know of a guy I worked with that was abused as a child. He locked it away and tried to forget about it.

Only after his parents had died did he tell, the reason wasn't because his parents were the abusers or knew the abuser, he was ashamed and didn't want to upset his parents.

There are many reasons why these crimes may go unreported, those of us who were never abused cannot begin to understand the damage done by this type of crime.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top