Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 04:44 PM

Left Wing Right Wing Madness

I think I might regret this thread.. but..

I think I've seen it all, but maybe I haven't - what are the craziest names you've seen people give the left wing and right wing camps or political parties?

Perhaps if we get them all out in this thread we might see less of them used on the forum

Looney Left ---------------------- Rotten Right
? ---------------------- ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 04:47 PM

Re: Left Wing Right Wing Madness

I doubt you will see less - politics, at present is a very emotive subject
I couldn't possibly write what I call them, right or left
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 04:47 PM

Torygraph reader .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 04:48 PM

then there is Daily Mail reader
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 04:48 PM

I find the left/right name calling very tedious and have stopped posting in any thread with name calling in the title, in fact I very rarely even bother to look at the threads. Some posters just don't realise how childish it appears and how it ultimately undermines any argument they try to make.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

30-01-2016, 04:49 PM

fear mongering
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

30-01-2016, 04:50 PM

gay /muslim bashing .......whatevers

( always make me think of the Bash St Kids )
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I find the left/right name calling very tedious and have stopped posting in any thread with name calling in the title, in fact I very rarely even bother to look at the threads. Some posters just don't realise how childish it appears and how it ultimately undermines any argument they try to make.
I agree Barry. It seems most people these days (in society, not just on forums) seem to be more interested in ranting. I guess we all have our right to do that too, and sometimes letting off steam is therapeutic but I'd love to see more serious debate going on
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 04:55 PM

virtue signalling
politically correct
moral high ground
rabid right
nazi
fascist

I agree that the name-calling (and associated assumptions) can get tedious and hope Azz may be right about setting them out here/fewer uses round the forum ... but I'm not holding my breath
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I agree Barry. It seems most people these days (in society, not just on forums) seem to be more interested in ranting. I guess we all have our right to do that too, and sometimes letting off steam is therapeutic but I'd love to see more serious debate going on
So would I - but a lot are in whinging mood
If they don't like politics, leave it alone - if you do, have a look then decide

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top