Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 03:52 AM

Re: Do you have daily visual nudges of online friends?

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm reminded of Floydy when I see an album cover or am reminded of one. I wonder,"Was that on the list?".
Oh no, don't get me going back in there again, Ffosse.
Send an SAE to....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Longs, a nudge in the US means a slight push in the direction of a thought, jogging the memory, or a gentle poke in the ribs to say "speak up about this", or even (this is my favorite nudge) is a wiggling of the eyebrows up and down a couple of times.

All in good fun. But I understand about the language thingy....
I didn't know "wind up" means "crank up" in the US.
One day I will have to start on the Cockney rhyming slang, see how you get on with that.

When were in America once, I ordered a breakfast including sausages and the waitress asked me if I wanted Links. I thought she meant Linx, I didn't fancy eating big cat for breakfast.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 09:54 PM

I think the closest I have to an online friend is an American guy I was penpals with in my early twenties and who is now a FB friend.

It's funny that back in the day complete strangers would write long letters to each other that would take days to get to the recipient. Now we have everything at our fingertips but we don't say so much.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think the closest I have to an online friend is an American guy I was penpals with in my early twenties and who is now a FB friend.

It's funny that back in the day complete strangers would write long letters to each other that would take days to get to the recipient. Now we have everything at our fingertips but we don't say so much.
I used to love the days of anticipation waiting for a letter, Annie. You are so right that now we can have a discussion, we rarely do.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
One day I will have to start on the Cockney rhyming slang, see how you get on with that.

When were in America once, I ordered a breakfast including sausages and the waitress asked me if I wanted Links. I thought she meant Linx, I didn't fancy eating big cat for breakfast.
Longs, you try that accent with me, and we are gonna have some fun with it! I like your breakfast misunderstanding...

Do I get some sympathy now? Cut me some slack....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 05:00 AM

Summer, I can do that in person! I am flying over to Manchester in two weeks, and staying for two weeks.

Will be meeting our Honey, and Macy, and Sp and Bobo, and can't wait....

We miss you, too.
Aww that's lovely Right Now they always struck me as a great bunch of people...enjoy x
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 06:33 AM

Summer, I can do that in person! I am flying over to Manchester in two weeks, and staying for two weeks.

Will be meeting our Honey, and Macy, and Sp and Bobo, and can't wait....

We miss you, too.
Hi

Pity you are not coming over next week, it is Shrewsbury Flower Show, only an hour from Manchester.
Right Now
upstate New York US

04-08-2018, 02:24 AM

Hi swimmy, I would have truly enjoyed seeing the show. I hope to find lots of events and unique statues, museums, etc to keep me busy while I'm there. It's an amazing city.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top