Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:01 PM

Re: My Favorite Classic Film

I always enjoy watching "Brief Encounter"...as it was one of my Mum's favourite movies...
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I watched To Kill A Mockingbird with Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch again last night. This film, based on the book by Harper Lee, is one that leaves its mark on me for days afterward. The book is equal to the film.

That it is in black and white is not a deterrent nor is the length of the film. Each character in the movie portrays a personality we have all met in our lifetime, the intricate biases, friendships, and most of all the attempt of one man to do what is right for another, at the cost of being ridiculed and humbled.

It brings tears to my eyes and makes me want to be a better person. Every single time......

Do you have a classic film that resonates with you?

Hi Pam, To Kill a Mockingbird is my favourite film, I could watch it over and over again, I liked the bit where Boo Radley saved the Children in the woods. I have also read the book loads of times and had to do my English O'level exam on this book.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
I always enjoy watching "Brief Encounter"...as it was one of my Mum's favourite movies...

Yes and that. Oh dear , I think we ere meant to choose one but I can't narrow it down.

Try pulling your eyelid down as far as it'll go. - And then blowing your nose.
Beautiful Filly
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes and that. Oh dear , I think we ere meant to choose one but I can't narrow it down.

Try pulling your eyelid down as far as it'll go. - And then blowing your nose.
I am confused Longdogs...as I do not understand what you mean...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
I am confused Longdogs...as I do not understand what you mean...
A famous quote from Brief Encounter when Celia Johnson gets dirt in her eye.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:19 PM

For me, it is, Rebecca, Whistle Down The Wind and Pollyanna.
Beautiful Filly

07-10-2018, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A famous quote from Brief Encounter when Celia Johnson gets dirt in her eye.

...Longdogs, I thought you were referring to only picking one movie...silly moi. I should have recognized that...

Last night I watched "Laura" another favourite classic...with Gene Tierney, Clifton Webb, Vincent Price and Dana Andrews... Love this movie...
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 07:48 PM

Might not be thought classic but this film made in 1939 which I only saw for the first time 50 years later, I thought was a classic.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031252/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The watch the trailer on the link.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 07:57 PM

The man who would be king.....
Rudyard Kipling story.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 08:11 PM

The Third Man

Written by Graham Greene and starring Joseph Cotten,Orson Welles and post war Vienna.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top