Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 03:37 PM

Favourite kitchen tool

Along with a much loved very old Kenwood Chef I rely on old tried and true utensils for prepping.

One of my oldest is a free Tupperware Spatula that I acquired from attending one of their parties many eons ago. It is without doubt the one thing I use the most. I would be absolutely lost without it

Do you have an old utensil that is your favourite bit of equipment.!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 03:45 PM

Re: Favourite kitchen tool

Too many to mention really They are all pretty basic like my knives and steel which even go on holiday with me .

I don't like kitchens full of gadgets that take more time to desemble and wash than doing the task in the first place

I do have a Kenwood Mixer though, it is fairly new and replaces an ancient Krups mixer. I find it more difficult to knead dough with my hands these days and it is invaluable when making bread for the family.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 03:48 PM

A wooden spoon, it's one my Nan used when I was a child and is now my most used item in the kitchen, it's a bit flat on one side where it's worn but it still stirs a great custard or cake batter.
My kenwood is ancient too and doesn't get used as much these days as I don't bake as often but it's comforting knowing my old friend is still sitting waiting to be used.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Too many to mention really They are all pretty basic like my knives and steel which even go on holiday with me .

I don't like kitchens full of gadgets that take more time to desemble and wash than doing the task in the first place

I do have a Kenwood Mixer though, it is fairly new and replaces an ancient Krups mixer. I find it more difficult to knead dough with my hands these days and it is invaluable when making bread for the family.

So glad you said you take your knives with you. I just take a little kitchen knife that I use to chop everything. The blade is so worn down now that I am willing it not to snap every time I use it.
solo
UK

16-10-2015, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
A wooden spoon, it's one my Nan used when I was a child and is now my most used item in the kitchen, it's a bit flat on one side where it's worn but it still stirs a great custard or cake batter.
My kenwood is ancient too and doesn't get used as much these days as I don't bake as often but it's comforting knowing my old friend is still sitting waiting to be used.
I have also kept my Mothers wooden spoon. It has a burnt edge from being too near the flame on the stove where I had pushed it hoping it would go up in flames.

Reasons...I got a whack with the darned thing every time I touched anything I shoudn't have
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
So glad you said you take your knives with you. I just take a little kitchen knife that I use to chop everything. The blade is so worn down now that I am willing it not to snap every time I use it.
...me to mine are worn away with sharpening but still incredibly sharp. I find holiday cottages have very poor quality cooking knives .
If I lose a small veg knife as I do occasionally I feel I have lost a friend and an quite bereft It takes ages to get used to another one.
solo
UK

16-10-2015, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...me to mine are worn away with sharpening but still incredibly sharp. I find holiday cottages have very poor quality cooking knives .
If I lose a small veg knife as I do occasionally I feel I have lost a friend and an quite bereft It takes ages to get used to another one.

The times that I have gone through a bin of rubbish bags hunting for my little knife that was scooped up with peeling by mistake..and the sheer relief when I find it, is indescribable. Silly I know
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

16-10-2015, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
The times that I have gone through a bin of rubbish bags hunting for my little knife that was scooped up with peeling by mistake..and the sheer relief when I find it, is indescribable. Silly I know
I am pleased to hear it is not just me
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 06:26 PM

I love my kitchen knives, use them most days and keep them razor sharp. Would be lost without them. Mechanically, I think the Blender/Liquidiser is the most used tool.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 07:52 PM

A box of plasters and the cold water tap

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top