Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 02:07 PM

Re: Sound bar

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That sounds very helpful. I wonder if she read it in time!
It would be nice to know. It looks as if that's what the problem is ..or was if it has already been sent back.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
First have a read of this Carol..

https://support.zvox.com/support/sol...e-watching-tv-

Thank you Mart. I haven't sent it back yet. I will read your link later - I'm just going out now.

Thanks again. It would be good if the problem can be sorted. I can easily cancel my return.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 03:40 PM

Fingers crossed.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 06:30 PM

I can't thank you enough Mart. This is just the information I needed.

My daughter in law Paula set the sound bar up for me. I just texted her with your information & she's keen to do it herself so she's coming round in the morning to disable the auto standby for me.

I'll let you know tomorrow.

Thanks again.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

07-01-2021, 08:30 PM

That's good Carol. It's nice that you can keep it since you are happy with the sound quality. The only drawback to disabling the auto-standby is needing to remember to put it on stand-by when the TV isn't being used.

What lead is being used to connect it to the TV?

Edit:

I read in Amazon questions and answers that the soundbar will turn on with the TV remote control if it's connected using an optical cable. If it's not connected that way already and your TV has an optical socket, it would be worth getting an optical cable and connecting it.

I think it going off would depend on auto-standby being enabled.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ask/questio...dp_dpmw_al_hza
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

08-01-2021, 02:28 PM

Thanks for your help Mart.

Paula has disabled the auto-standby so all should be well now.

It was a bit harder than we thought as my remote didn't match the one in the link you sent me - all the buttons were in different place.

Anyway she found her way around it and all is well now.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

09-01-2021, 09:40 AM

Initially, after watching a recording from the television I thought it was good - but UNfortunately the sound isn't as good when playing DVD's!! I am going to mess around with the settings to see if I can improve the sound on DVD's.

May have to return it yet.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

09-01-2021, 10:33 AM

That must be a bit disappointing. Is the DVD player built into the TV or is it a separate one?

I mentioned the optical lead. If not used already, that could be a better way of connecting the TV to the sound bar than using the jack input because it's digital. You'd need to make sure the TV has an 'optical out' socket. It's a lead that can come in useful for other things at some time or another even if it makes no difference to this. Optical leads aren't very expensive and it might be worth trying all things before giving up.

Optical lead on Amazon
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

09-01-2021, 12:29 PM

Thanks Mart. The DVD player is a separate one.

Yes it might be better with an optical lead - Paula mentioned this when she was fixing it up.

However we're already spent a few hours messing about with it & I've had enough. It has not done what it promised.

It has a 'voice clarity' button on 3 settings. I went through the settings 1-2-3 and it made no difference at all. They all sounded the same as each other. I think it is a gimmick!!

I'm taking it to the Herme's shop this afternoon to be returned. At least it hasn't cost me anything to return. Amazon are very good like that.

I'm not giving up on sound bars yet. I've found a local shop that sells them. I'm going to ask if they'll deliver it & set it up for me. I don't want to bother Paula again. She spent such a lot of time on it bless her..
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

09-01-2021, 12:49 PM

I've got sound bars on the TVs around the house. A surround-sound system on the main one. It can take a while to set things up to the optimum. I generally prefer to connect using HDMI leads (is that how your DVD player connects?) but I have used an optical lead for a sound bar that doesn't have and HDMI input.

A sound bar I have found good is made by JBL (not JBR ). It has no subwoofer but the base is still good for a sound bar of that size.

Good sound is in the ear of the beholder and I hope you find a sound bar you can be pleased with.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top