Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 04:48 PM

Lights Out !

The councils are going to do a trial run of lights out across Kent - after midnight .....
This gives me a shudder to think of no lights ! Apart from saving money, I see no benefit, couldn't they have just cut down on the amount of lights .....?
EDIT - refers to street lighting
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 04:54 PM

Re: Lights Out !

There are a few small villages accessed down country lanes dotted around the Kent area are the lights going out there as well.

Dangerous comes to mind.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 04:56 PM

Hope not Shirley, God forbid its the start of 'everywhere becoming dark'
Also hope its short lived !!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 04:58 PM

I hope so too I don't like driving in the dark as it is. But the thought of some roads unlit. NO
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-06-2013, 05:05 PM

Maybe they will get some serious complaints 'before' it gets to you .....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 05:49 PM

There is a street light right outside my house which is very reassuring, especially when I go to bed. Without it lit everything is in total darkness which is unsettling to say the least. Hope they don't pull that stunt of switching them off after midnight around here. Seems ridiculous if you ask me and is just inviting trouble.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
The councils are going to do a trial run of lights out across Kent - after midnight .....
This gives me a shudder to think of no lights ! Apart from saving money, I see no benefit, couldn't they have just cut down on the amount of lights .....?

Pats darlin' - not just in Kent either, Brighton & Hove City Council are considering doing likewise.

I can foresee lots of street accidents and possibly a lot more attacks and robberies in the darkened streets.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 06:25 PM

Pats I usually go to bed after midnight and only have one energy saving light bulb and a table lamp on at that time so no great extravagance here.
I think the choice should be mine, do otherwise and I would be in danger as would be many elderly people.

When I think of all those huge modern houses full of appliances that some people have , is it fair to penalise people similar to myself who use so little.

Better to have a quota for each house .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-06-2013, 06:33 PM

Sorry if I confused the issue Meg - its street lights....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 06:35 PM

Sorry if I confused the issue Meg - its street lights....
..in that case it would not really affect me, I live in a hamlet with only one street light .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top