Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 03:50 PM

Debenhams - call the shots .....

Debenhams have instigated a ban on airbrushed shots of their models, concerned of the affect on young girls trying to emulate..... They want other companies to follow suit - I doubt that will happen but 'some' may be sensible for once ....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 03:54 PM

Re: Debenhams - call the shots .....

Can't see the models being too happy about it though! Wonder if they get a bonus for going "au naturale"! I'd need airbrushing and ironing!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 04:23 PM

If everyone was 'au naturale' - everyone would be a lot happier in their skin.... feel for the young girls, they can never achieve the look ....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 04:28 PM

Know what you mean, being mother of 3 girls! I find it disheartening watching people like Twiggy and that woman in the 50plus add. No wonder men go off with other women, they expect us all to be perfect.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2013, 04:33 PM

Take this on board gal - my sister was a beauty - she became friends with a gal that was not up to her mark, but had such personality, that when they ventured out together, the 'friend' got the males attention.... which baffled my sister ....
Looks 'aint' everything gal, the young 'uns wont get that tho .....
mothballs
england
mothballs is female 

14-06-2013, 04:40 PM

Oh I don't know.

As a teenager I knocked around with a friend who was a right busty lass ... and I was as flat as a pancake.
I couldn't even catch and keep her cast-off's

Tis true though. Looks aren't everything and all this modern fad for airbrushing out must make some women feel deficient compared to these celluloid sex sirens.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Debenhams have instigated a ban on airbrushed shots of their models, concerned of the affect on young girls trying to emulate..... They want other companies to follow suit - I doubt that will happen but 'some' may be sensible for once ....
I hope they do, I would like them to do something about the size of the models too.

Many models look ill and emaciate to me , they don't have the bodies of 'real' women.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2013, 04:47 PM

Hello Moth gal ....
Listen to Pats on this, who - would want a guy only after yer bust measurement, it wouldn't last - now would it...
Who - would want a 'cast off' anyway .....
Always wanted to be a ballerina meself - and they are boobless and I'm sure happily married !
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 05:19 PM

I love Debenhams. If I could buy two shops one would be Debenhams and the other would be Bon Marche.
Quite right that no air brushing should take place and it should be marked
like Cigarettes are to advise people that it's dangerous.
I read today that Kate Moss is going to do a photo shoot in the nude. I thought OH NO. Does anyone else feel the same as me or am I getting a old Dogie. Why do people think that parading yourself with nothing on is great. It certainly puts me off.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2013, 05:21 PM

Really sick of celebs doing that - trying to outdo each other ...It really is pathetic and inane ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top