Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2013, 08:25 AM

What would it take for you...........

to want to commit suicide?

Now before you tell Youngatart to "nick off", for being such a sad, pessimistic soul.........

Hope this doesn't offend anyone but I think it is a topic worth discussing if for nothing else to prevent us from actually carrying out the plan.

I thought today if I had committed a serious crime like murder, I could not forgive myself. Especially rape and murder. It's just so shocking and so hideous. You may have heard of an Irish girl who was raped and murdered in Melbourne(Australia) recently. Appalling story. I tried to think if I was in the murderer's shoes, I wouldn't want to live anymore. I would be happy to be executed immediately. Sooner the better. I think if there was an easy way to suicide, I would do it.
Guilt is a terrible thing. How does one recover from such guilt? I hope I never find out. Mind you, I think this particular rapist has more regret than guilt. Regret that he got found out. But you never know. There may be a pang of remorse in his heart.

As for suicide, I can understand those in horrible physical pain. I'm sure you have discussed this before on other threads. I think this thread could be more about mental anguish from guilt.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2013, 08:36 AM

Re: What would it take for you...........

I cant envisage a time when I would want to "top myself" It would cause such grief for my wonderful family for a start and of course once you have done the deed...there aint no changing your mind!
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2013, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I cant envisage a time when I would want to "top myself" It would cause such grief for my wonderful family for a start and of course once you have done the deed...there aint no changing your mind!
There's always that responsibility isn't there. We don't just live for ourselves.
I wonder if the murderer in the story (in my post), has anyone who wants him to stay alive, who cares about him.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2013, 08:51 AM

Yesterday "hate" today "suicide". Don't you think you've got the wrong pseudonym ?
Duckie
Australia

20-06-2013, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Yesterday "hate" today "suicide". Don't you think you've got the wrong pseudonym ?
possible names?

darkatheart?

pessa mystic?

kindadepressing?

alwayslookonthebleaksideoflife?

ondeath'sdoor?

hatemyselfmost?
Duckie
Australia

20-06-2013, 08:56 AM

Actually the last one is my favourite. You can call me

hatemyselfmost from now on.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2013, 08:58 AM

No I wont - I will call you - as I have done ......Nick
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2013, 09:00 AM

Nick - if there is something you feel 'guilt' about - then you have remorse, if this is so, you should always confide in the person you have hurt and let them know ..... It may be of help to them .....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2013, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
No I wont - I will call you - as I have done ......Nick

Yes Pats darlin' - me too. Of course we could always call him 'old nick'. (except that he isn't!!!)
Duckie
Australia

20-06-2013, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Nick - if there is something you feel 'guilt' about - then you have remorse, if this is so, you should always confide in the person you have hurt and let them know ..... It may be of help to them .....
Maybe I have got you curious now. No scandalous sins of late to tell. Just lack courage in the heat of the moment to say what needs to be said. That's all. Don't live up to my own ideals.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top