Join for free
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 12:51 PM

Re: Sir Cliff Cleared of Historic Sex Offences

Very pleased to hear the case has been dropped.

Who will these witch hunters pick on next?!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 12:51 PM

You've just reinforced my point.

He might well be innocent. He might not.
What I fail to understand is why people dismiss his accusers .. alleged victims ... who made complaints he groped them.
Whilst with other celebrities the public give the benefit of the doubt to the alleged victim.
It nus just boil down to how popular they are.

The enquiry into Cliffy boy cost about 800,000.
Worse ..he was named. If these investigations have to made into dubious hard to prove historic cases there should at least be anonymity.
Once the press get hold of it the public witch-hunt resembles nothing more than the medieval village where the finger was pointed at the local witch and she ended up on a ducking stool in the village pond.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 01:13 PM

Lets face it "Insufficient " evidence is not really clearing your name is it?
and yes £800,000 in costs, and of course its South Yorkshire police again, have apologised for letting it to the press when they raided his home.
all this time, when they should be catching paedophiles .
thing once anything like this happens people dont get "looked" upon in the same light anymore.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 01:17 PM

But no one has said his accusers and their accusations have been dismissed...only that there is insufficient evidence to take it further.
In other words maybe it's just his word against theirs?

Who knows?

But I'm willing to bet there's a lot of stuff being suppressed,that'; my gut feeling anyway.

I always had the gut feeling that Rolf was a good guy...see how wrong your gut can be?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 01:20 PM

Personally I would rather see a lot of this money spent on today's criminals keeping our kids safe from harm, imagine how far the money so far spent on historic cases could have helped today's victims ....
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 01:25 PM

When anyone, wrongly accused of anything has his good name restored after two years of hell, the first thing they do is to publicly berate his accusers and call them 'lying bastards' and instruct his legal representatives to persue action for defamation of character .... What did Cliff do ? He said he was glad it was all over
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 01:28 PM

As a Christian he will be trying to forgive Malcolm it's what we are taught and if you can do it really is better than trying to harm the accuser IMO I worry they are very damaged people to imagine and accuse people of things they never did.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 01:34 PM

If Cliff is guilty her deserves all he gets, but what if he is innocent? The accuser will fade into the background or, as there is no proof either way, make a bit of money selling his version of events.
Until people learn that,unless they report the case when it happens, there is little chance of getting justice. People feel sorry for them because they have psychological problems relating to the offence and believe that is why they did not report it sooner. I know of many cases worse than these sexual ones, like the lady who had acid thrown in her face, but they still had to put their feelings aside and go through the trauma of a trial,to get justice. If they don't report it immediately, then all they are doing is putting others at risk of what they have already been through.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 01:42 PM

Two things.

1. Nobody should be named until they have been tried and convicted.

2. The accuser should be held to account if the accused has been found to be innocent, and if the accuser is found to have lied for personal gain they should be punished.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
When anyone, wrongly accused of anything has his good name restored after two years of hell, the first thing they do is to publicly berate his accusers and call them 'lying bastards' and instruct his legal representatives to persue action for defamation of character .... What did Cliff do ? He said he was glad it was all over
And just what would he hope to gain from dragging this through the courts all over again. Certainly the press would love for him to do that they would make more millions from dirtying his name even more than they have already done. He is in his 70s he doesn't want to be hassled anymore,just wants to get on with his remaining years and try to start enjoying life again. I know I would if I was in his position. I suppose its got nothing to do with his faith he's just pissed at the world at present who have made his life a misery. Good luck to the guy.

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top