Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 04:45 PM

Re: Wills and Executors

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Second homes and rental properties are already subject to CGT on a sliding scale. The amount you actually pay depends on how long you've owned them and what can be off-set against the CGT charge.
I'm talking not about rental properties which can be protected from CGT with not too much sleight of hand but about ALL properties.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I'm talking not about rental properties which can be protected from CGT with not too much sleight of hand but about ALL properties.
Hi

I only haveone property, my house.

It goes to my Son with no Inheritance Tax to pay.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I only haveone property, my house.

It goes to my Son with no Inheritance Tax to pay.
At this point, however there will have to be changes introduced in order to deal with the HUGE costs of Covid.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
At this point, however there will have to be changes introduced in order to deal with the HUGE costs of Covid.
Hi

I agree.

I have hugely downsized, my house is only worth £160,000, the kids have had the money already.

My son will have an immaculate Ex Council 3 bed end terrace within walking distance of everything,

He is an Epileptic , so driving etc is not now an option.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 04:47 PM

hello Swimfeeders ... so at the moment you live in your house but when you die your disabled son gets it? have I got that right?

You say you have no intention of going into a Nursing Home but you never know what’s round the corner. I never thought my Mum would but it got too dangerous for her to live at home. A friend of mine has now gone into a care home aged 66 because she had a massive stroke and is unable to do anything for herself.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top