Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 10:07 PM

Re: The English Habit

I brew Tea in a pot. No matter what kind as long as it's good quality. Like it strong with honey instead of sugar. It's a very traditional Australian thing as well. Love good coffee also but not at night.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't blame you Arty, that doesn't sound very nice at all....
I much prefer the originals of everything....Vegetable soup, plain crisps, and just ordinary Tea.....
Me too, just had Heinz vegetable soup for tea and never buy any other than Seabrook Crinklecut seasalted crisps . 🙂
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Zuleika, whew! Slow down there girl! If this is the reaction of having an English tea daily, I would recommend you might try a sip or two of Pepsi!
It's important to realise the English habit and how they are always equipped often in a form of 'open carry'.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Coffee only. Douwe Egberts high roast mostly. No sugar but a dollop of cream.
All day? 😳
Zuleika
North West UK

14-02-2021, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I brew Tea in a pot. No matter what kind as long as it's good quality. Like it strong with honey instead of sugar. It's a very traditional Australian thing as well. Love good coffee also but not at night.
No milk?
Zuleika
North West UK

14-02-2021, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have the most lovely cat teapot, but its never used. Teabags in a mug, (for Mr P )water first, then milk, no sugar. I drink a lot of coffee but have a few mugs of fruit tea, green tea during the day.
I was thinking of buying some fresh ginger and making ginger tea . It’s supposed to be good for something but I’ve forgotten what . Have you ever?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 10:15 PM

Orange Pekoe is nice, brought some back from holiday once.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Art ,lovely to hear from you too !
So you drink a Yorkshire brand of tea too ? How disrespectful am I , a Typhoo One Cup girl ,in a China beaker ?
No sugar ,milkyish . But I’m thinking of changing brands ,hence one of the questions in this thread about them .
I do like my tea hot too . My mother always let hers stand but she drank it cold anyway . Nowadays you’d just pop it in a microwave?
I use fresh water too ! Never thought to stir the spoon other than anti-clockwise .
Please feel free to write more on tea now I’ve got you going lol .
Have you ever tried Darjeeling for instance ?
Zuleika, I was once given Earl Grey tea but to me, it was like drinking liquid smoke! I also tried strawberry tea... yuk!
My favourite loose tea was Co-Op 99 tea mixed with Co-Op Indian Blend. It was really nice.
I have heard of it but l have never tried Darjeeling. Is it nice and refreshing.

I felt a bit miffed when one of the men in the quiz team invited me around for a cup of tea.
He didn’t use a kettle to boil the water because he didn’t have one!
He filled two cups, put a teabag in each cup, poured cold water from the tap and popped them into the microwave. Ugh! It was a good job, l wasn’t the Queen visiting!!
I did think it a bit off to offer a visitor a cup of microwaved tea!!

Did you know Tata produces Tetley teabags? I only ever associated them with Jaguar/Land Rover!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 10:18 PM

I forgot to say, in the Northern Hemisphere, tea should be stirred clockwise, and anti-clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere, otherwise you will be fighting against the forces of the Coriolis effect.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 10:19 PM

A Scotsman here with the English habit. Well one of them. I prefer tea to coffee. No particular brand. Tetley or Scottish blend tea bags are fine. I leave the tea bag to brew for a minute or longer. I like strong tea, no milk or sugar. I only fill the kettle for one cup at a time but that is maybe a Scottish habit..

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top