Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 10:31 AM

About time

At last more longer sentences for animal abuse, before the Max was 6 months in jail.

https://thehaveringdaily.co.uk/2021/...mVycXutC3gzKkw
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 10:49 AM

Re: About time

Good people have been fighting for this for so long now. I didn't know it was law yet though, Galty.

They could make a start by putting the dog thieves away for a long time!

I just heard a story of another 80 dogs found at a gipsy site again.

Then they could get cracking on the puppy farms.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 12:39 PM

Hurrah!
This is long overdue and is a very welcome law as far as I'm concerned.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 01:04 PM

It's an excellent thing and long overdue BUT, it will only work and be a deterrent if the judges put it to good use, and stop pussyfooting about with slaps on wrists.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It's an excellent thing and long overdue BUT, it will only work and be a deterrent if the judges put it to good use, and stop pussyfooting about with slaps on wrists.
I agree Roxy. Somehow I can't see police venturing onto pikey sites to retrieve dogs. The law is only interested in fraud and so called hate crimes. As much as I agree with the longer sentences, I don't think it will make a lot of difference seeing as they live outside the law anyway.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 02:08 PM

It's ok while I'm up north at the farm but when I'm down in Perth I no longer do the quiet, out the way walks with Dageus. I'm scared stiff of him getting stolen from me.
He's no good to anyone else, he's ten years old next birthday and he's been done, so no breeding, he could be sold on but who wants to buy an old dog like him. He's my companion and even the thought of losing him has me shaking. We now stick to the parks where there's people about and I always walk with at least one other person. Bloody hellish that it's come to this.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree Roxy. Somehow I can't see police venturing onto pikey sites to retrieve dogs. The law is only interested in fraud and so called hate crimes. As much as I agree with the longer sentences, I don't think it will make a lot of difference seeing as they live outside the law anyway.
I agree as well, with both of you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 02:52 PM

[QUOTE=Roxy;2081901]It's ok while I'm up north at the farm but when I'm down in Perth I no longer do the quiet, out the way walks with Dageus. I'm scared stiff of him getting stolen from me.
He's no good to anyone else, he's ten years old next birthday and he's been done, so no breeding, he could be sold on but who wants to buy an old dog like him. He's my companion and even the thought of losing him has me shaking. We now stick to the parks where there's people about and I always walk with at least one other person. Bloody hellish that it's come to this.

Lovely boy, Roxy.

I fully understand how you're feeling, I suspect most of us feel the same.
Mine haven't been across the fields at all this year because last time, I saw a couple of gipsy's with several lurchers skulking about along the hedgerow on the other side of the field. It's scary when you're on your own.

If I'd have still had my big boys, they would have had their backsides if anyone they didn't know tried any funny business, but these littlies are not the same nature.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 03:34 PM

I am so happy with this news, and I really hope that the punishments are what they say they are - in that they actually DO get jailed. I am getting more anxious when taking Diva Dog out, I've noticed, although there hasn't been any incidents around here that I know of. I don't like it now if anyone asks to pet her, and just say "she's a bit grumpy today, another time".
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 09:54 PM

Another fine photo of Daegus! What a handsome gentleman! I have a friend in NYC who carries an extra leash when she walks her dog to wield as a weapon if anyone ever tries to steal her dog.

Most pleased to hear your good news. Our sentences are ratcheting upward as social media has opened the eyes of judges and legislators that VOTERS are not going to put up the mistreatment of animals.

The country nearly lost its collective, bipartisan mind when Trump moved to lift the ban on allowing the trophies of exotic animals back into the country. That twisted idea lasted for about ten minutes.

I can barely talk about this topic without going into a rage . Do you remember when we had a thread about what our dream career would be? I've changed my mind; I would want to be an animal resource officer, and I would do a very, very good job .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top