Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 08:11 PM

Re: How about this for bed blocking!

Having recently been in hospital , the surgical ward I was on one young lad was bought in. He started saying he wanted to go outside for a smoke and kept demanding after being told it was not allowed.
It only took a couple of hours and the ward sister kicked him out and rightly so. He was rude to staff and tried to light up while in the bed. I have no idea why he was there but he didn't remain very long. No staff should be shouted at let alone called names when they are there to help
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree with Mort.
Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Having recently been in hospital , the surgical ward I was on one young lad was bought in. He started saying he wanted to go outside for a smoke and kept demanding after being told it was not allowed.
It only took a couple of hours and the ward sister kicked him out and rightly so. He was rude to staff and tried to light up while in the bed. I have no idea why he was there but he didn't remain very long. No staff should be shouted at let alone called names when they are there to help

I agree Bazza.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 08:38 PM

He feels that he was assaulted by not being able to walk out of hospital and kept there against his wishes. Carers are now visiting him at his flat and Suffolk authority says it will continue to work with him to provide appropriate help.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
He feels that he was assaulted by not being able to walk out of hospital and kept there against his wishes. Carers are now visiting him at his flat and Suffolk authority says it will continue to work with him to provide appropriate help.
Perhaps he'd receive help more to his liking in his home country?
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 08:58 PM

I too heard about this, the trouble is this man might have become nasty if he wasnt being cared for and the staff wouldnt want to upset sick patients.A very difficult situation. Although I would have thought they could have got security to get him out
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 09:01 PM

Another strange thing is, as I said in the OP, even though they obtained the Court order on 1st December, it was still after Christmas, on 10th January before they actually shifted him.
I wonder why it took them yet another 6 weeks?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 09:48 PM

I see a claim against the hospital looming by one of the many ambulance chasing law firms that have sprung up to claim `medical negligence`. I bet even now he's being interviewed by one of these parasites.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-01-2017, 10:16 PM

You could be right, Judd. Time will tell.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Another strange thing is, as I said in the OP, even though they obtained the Court order on 1st December, it was still after Christmas, on 10th January before they actually shifted him.
I wonder why it took them yet another 6 weeks?

Yes, the trust had to first apply to the court to allow them to remove him from the hospital.......and then there would have to be steps put in place to make sure there was somewhere for him to go, the hospital can't just throw someone out.

I don't know why it should have taken nearly two years though, although we don't know exactly when he was considered to be fit for discharge'
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 10:52 PM

Analysis by Julian Sturdy
There are two sides to every story. Until now, like many people, it was hard to sympathise with someone who had been apparently hogging a much-needed hospital bed for two years.
But this is a complex situation which typifies the issues many hospitals face when someone no longer requires medical treatment, and has long-term social care needs.
However, isolating Adriano Gueres in an unfurnished flat with no working central heating, no curtains, no carpet is no solution.
So for much of the day he's on his own, lying in bed staring at a bare bulb strung from the ceiling. It was a shock to see him left in such conditions.
His story goes to the heart of a discord between proper care in our times of shrinking council budgets and over-run NHS hospitals.

A point of view which puts this man's plight into perspective.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top