Join for free
Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >
Sableline
Durham,uk
Sableline is male  Sableline has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 01:14 PM

Re: Anyone else have (or had) side-effects from statin use?

I have found this a good interesting thread. It certainly has made me think of my muscle problems. I have osteo arthritis and have been diagnosed with diabetes. The diabetes is controlled by diet alone. I was also given symvastin and told that it was to keep my cholesterol down. It was not particularly high but I was told that they liked the cholesterol as low as possible less than what is recommended where possible. A few months ago my muscles just ached and felt like lead weights as did my legs and my calf's were painful but not all of the time. One day I stood up and had no control over my right leg. I could not walk until the leg had been massaged. So off to see the Dr who said that it was because I could not take muscle relaxant tablets. My muscles give me jip. After reading all of the above posts I think I will be questioning my doc about coming off the statins for a trial period . Although my diabetes is diet controlled I get told by the health professional that I see when I go to the clinic that it won't be long before I am on insulin. She says it as if I want to be or maybe wishful thinking on her part as every time I go my blood sugar is spot on.
It will be interesting to find out whether it is the statins or the arthritis that is causing muscle problems.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 01:47 PM

Oh not this one as well
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I agree. I don't think there's any 'miracle' pill out there. If there was, nobody would have health issues.
I take NINE pills each day plus a nasal spray !!!
I have NO health 'issues' .... these pills are keeping me healthy and alive and I am grateful to all the doctors and medics and scientists and chemists who have provided me with the corrective measures which are regulating my abnormal bodily functions to keep me going
Sure I have the occasional 'side effect' like dizziness and diarrhoea but I never whinge about it....I am far too busy being grateful !!!!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I take NINE pills each day plus a nasal spray !!!
I have NO health 'issues' .... these pills are keeping me healthy and alive and I am grateful to all the doctors and medics and scientists and chemists who have provided me with the corrective measures which are regulating my abnormal bodily functions to keep me going
Sure I have the occasional 'side effect' like dizziness and diarrhoea but I never whinge about it....I am far too busy being grateful !!!!
Dream on
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 04:03 PM

Don't understand your post Duke ... Could you explain please ?
dukeofearl
south coast uk

28-10-2015, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Don't understand your post Duke ... Could you explain please ?
Depends what you are taking and why. These days people take what a doctor tells them and doctors prescribe what the drug company's tell them as money talks. Some conflict.

http://drmalcolmkendrick.org/books-b...olesterol-con/
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 01:35 AM

I don't take statins but I've heard about the horrific side effects some people suffer.

What bothers me is if you refuse to take them, your cholesterol will go up and you risk a heart attack.
Are there any other measures you can take to lower cholesterol?
dukeofearl
south coast uk

29-10-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't take statins but I've heard about the horrific side effects some people suffer.

What bothers me is if you refuse to take them, your cholesterol will go up and you risk a heart attack.
Are there any other measures you can take to lower cholesterol?
Eat sensible meals for starters then what is high cholesterol?

Read the book in the link above, millions have.

http://drmalcolmkendrick.org/books-b...olesterol-con/
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

29-10-2015, 10:53 AM

More probs with statins....

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...775#post730775
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 11:46 AM

I had night cramp in my legs and had to take pills for that.

Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top