Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:34 AM

Re: Are You Enjoying The Euphoria?

According to the nay sayers, it was a penalty given caused by a dive that had no reason to happen.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Oh that's what it was
My throat was so sore after. I wouldn’t mind but l am usually very controlled!

I don’t even like football that much as l prefer Rugby League.... but these recent games have been the business!!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 09:02 AM

The win has raised the spirits of a lot of people and that can't be a bad thing. I'm not that euphoric about it but if others are, good for them. Maybe it's my loss that I can't feel the same degree of enthusiasm. Being so happy might do me good.

The team has done well for our country and I'm pleased they have. As I said somewhere before, I like to see England and the UK do well at anything. I do care and really hope they win on Sunday. Keep calm and carry on England team.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 09:08 AM

I'm happy for the euphoric but personally i don't give a monkey's, it's only a game for goodness sake...

Ditto.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
According to the nay sayers, it was a penalty given caused by a dive that had no reason to happen.
I don't feel it was a deliberate dive but more just a fall. Whether that fall was the result of a foul will be debated. It's a pity there is that doubt. A win without it would have been better.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 09:12 AM

I have not watched any of the so called games and as a sport football does absolutely nothing for me. It's more interesting watching the copulating birds out on my music room roof and the occasional sparrow hawk swooping to collect his/her meal 👌👍l
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 09:20 AM

It's good to see so much of the country united about something positive for once, but personally I'm with Barry and couldn't give a monkey's.
Roll on it being over and the use of that frankly awful "It's coming home" song is relegated to the storage bin where it belongs again.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 09:22 AM

I think that top football teams are only "top football teams" because the players know the benefits of a highly dramatic dive, to the ground, usually followed by writhing in agony, until the whistle is blown.

That whistle, usually, cures them, as if by magic.

It's up to the referee, aided by VAR, to decide whether a free kick, or an academy award, is appropriate.

Big money seems to pollute sport...!

I still like the game though!
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 09:48 AM

It's part of the game now unfortunately. All the teams are at it. Alan Shearer said after the game that if that penalty had been given against his team he would have been very disappointed.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
It's part of the game now unfortunately. All the teams are at it. Alan Shearer said after the game that if that penalty had been given against his team he would have been very disappointed.
And the commentators use the term, "he's won a penalty", or "he's won a free kick" very often!

That suggests that both are tactical?

Where's the sportsmanship in that?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top