Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 10:03 AM

'Jihadi Jack's' parents 'arrested after trying to send him money'

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/jihadi-jac...080122719.html

The parents of a British Muslim convert accused of joining Islamic State (IS) in Syria say they were arrested after trying to send him money.

Jack Letts, dubbed "Jihadi Jack", was suspected of being the first white Briton to join the terror group after he left his Oxford home and travelled to the war-ravaged country last year.

The 20-year-old reportedly goes by the name Abu Mohammed, married an Iraqi woman with whom he has a son, Muhammed, while living in the Iraqi city of Fallujah.

His parents Sally Lane and John Letts were allegedly arrested under the terrorism act after trying to send him money in Syria, which they claim was for new glasses.

They said, in an exclusive interview with Channel 4 News, that their son suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and fear he "won't get out alive".

Mr Letts, a leading organic farmer and baker, said: "We don't know exactly where he is. If you know he's in danger or can't see straight, what parent isn't going to try get their child a pair of glasses if he can't see straight.

"I'm furious really. I'm very upset. I think it's crazy that we can't send a penny to our ill son to help him get out or to help him in any way because we'll be seen as supporting terrorism."

He added: "Any parent's going to act the way we have and feel the way we do. You wouldn't be a parent if you didn't try to protect your child."

Ms Lane said: "It's the worst feeling in the world. You feel completely helpless. Your child is out there. They have no support. They're still reliant on you.

"He's sending desperate messages to us saying it's cold or he doesn't have food or he can't see. We know that legally we're not allowed to help him. I just don't understand that."

The couple say their son was diagnosed with "really severe" OCD as a child after his behaviour became increasingly "peculiar".

Ms Lane insisted he would not lie to her about fighting for IS and Mr Letts claimed the police have "put two and two together and made ten".

"He has the freedom to practice whatever he wants, that's British values," he added.

"It's so unfair, but if there is any evidence that he's done anything violent, if anyone can prove any of these allegations ... If you can show me any of that I'll be the first to believe it and I'll be the first to report it.

"Because I don't want a son who would do that type of thing, because that is not how he was raised, and I don't think that's him. That is not the kid that I recognise."

"We have directly asked him. We know he won't lie about his religion because anything to do with his religion he thinks he'll go straight to hell," Ms Lane added.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 10:12 AM

Re: 'Jihadi Jack's' parents 'arrested after trying to send him money'

Parents are one sided when it comes to their children. She claims that its " unfair ". How fair is it for innocent lives to suffer by the hands of her son.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 10:19 AM

Oh of course itīs unfair that they canīt send the poor soul money for new glasses so that he can see who heīs aiming his gun at, or which head to chop off, not forgetting the poor man is cold, hungry and ill. The parents donīt know where he is ! Very odd then that they know where to send him money and he appears to be in constant touch with them. In my opinion the parents are as guilty as the son, they seem very uncaring that he is out there killing innocent people, it canīt possibly be their son can it?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 03:41 PM

Well as I see it, their son is a liar or they are... or maybe both.
I am sure we all understand their feelings but, if their son is a murderer of innocent people, it should be illegal to send him money to support his lifestyle.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 03:43 PM

I think they should shut up and hang their heads in shame.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
From what I have read there is no proof of him having done anything wrong but they think he may have mental problems. Any young man who moves to that area, supposedly to help refugees, would surely be registered with a humanitarian group. If not, then he must expect to be suspected of joining a radical group.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 05:52 PM

The last thing they should help with is glasses, hopefully without them he will not be able to read the instructions on his Acme Self-build Suicide Belt.

Yellow wire to yellow, red to red, blue to bits.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Oh yes.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
The last thing they should help with is glasses, hopefully without them he will not be able to read the instructions on his Acme Self-build Suicide Belt.

Yellow wire to yellow, red to red, blue to bits.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 06:12 PM

Hadn't the police already told them to let them know if they had any communication?

Obviously they believe he is innocent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top