Join for free
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 06:04 PM

Vitamin D Defficiency and Mobility Issues in Old People

Is there anyone who needs to know about this that hasn't heard? I don't suppose doctors would mention it.

Here is a random article about it:

https://uk.xtend-life.com/blogs/heal...obility-issues
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 06:47 PM

Re: Vitamin D Defficiency and Mobility Issues in Old People

Yes I have heard this before. I do take take Vitamin D tablets every day prescribed by my Doctor for Muscle problems.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 09:21 PM

Another of those great "keep everyone sick" scams related to this.

Sunshine is absolutely vital to us. We are creatures of Nature and we would have no life at all were it not for our Sun. The sun IS life, without it we would wither and die.

The sun provides us with lots of Vitamin D and creates Melanin.

The "establishment" and largely fraudulent Big Pharma health industry would have you stay out of the sun. They WANT YOU SICK ! How do they get you to stop doing THE most natural thing that any human can do (get in the sunshine)? By doing what they ALWAYS do, perpetrate a huge Campaign of Fear.

Oh yes me old fruits, don't go in the sunshine, you'll get cancer !!!!

Instead slap nasty sun creams all over your skin. Block up those pores which lovely chemicals so you don't get the benefit of the sun's energy ! Or just stay in the shade!!!!

Utter Billy BS!

The sun's rays are life. We all need them whether we realise it or not. If you want to be healthy then spend time in the sun. No stupid creams. Just a few minutes in the sun. When it feels too hot, too uncomfortable, move out and get in the shade. Your body will tell you when it has had enough.

But boy does the body appreciate that energy ! Lot's of natural Vitamin D and other goodness and you feel recharged and healthy. Your finger and toe nails and hair will grow faster which shows you it is having an effect.

I just despair at people thinking they will get this goodness from Vitamn D supplements. Be natural. Stop taking pills and potions and be healthy.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:07 PM

Erm... you do get vit D from sun but also from food. As you age it becomes harder to metabolise it. But I don't think that has much to do with mobility other than taking cod liver oil which also has vit D can improve the synovial balance. I don't know about recent research but when I read about this years ago when I had some transient arthritic problem the Cod liver oil apparently increases the balance of the good stuff in the lubricating part of the joint. But without trawling through it all again I am not sure whether that's anything to do with the Vit D in it, but rather the omega 3 fatty acid that fights a destructive enzyme.

Anyway I took it for years and it seemed to work for me. I was found to be deficient in Vit D a few years ago but I didn't have joint pains. I just felt exhausted. Getting sunburnt isn't the answer to anything though. If you take Vit D you need calcium and all sorts to absorb one and t'other. You need a combination supplement if you have a deficiency. I found quite a good one which I took for a few years but they discontinued it.

Age simply makes it harder to get the benefits of nutrients because we are not designed to thrive after fifty.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 03:58 AM

Lack of Sunshine can lead to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GpDvupcVfk
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Sunshine is absolutely vital to us. We are creatures of Nature and we would have no life at all were it not for our Sun. The sun IS life, without it we would wither and die.

The "establishment" and largely fraudulent Big Pharma health industry would have you stay out of the sun. They WANT YOU SICK ! How do they get you to stop doing THE most natural thing that any human can do (get in the sunshine)? By doing what they ALWAYS do, perpetrate a huge Campaign of Fear.

Instead slap nasty sun creams all over your skin. Block up those pores which lovely chemicals so you don't get the benefit of the sun's energy ! Or just stay in the shade!!!!

Utter Billy BS!

The sun's rays are life. We all need them whether we realise it or not. If you want to be healthy then spend time in the sun. No stupid creams. Just a few minutes in the sun. When it feels too hot, too uncomfortable, move out and get in the shade. Your body will tell you when it has had enough.

But boy does the body appreciate that energy ! Lot's of natural Vitamin D and other goodness and you feel recharged and healthy. Your finger and toe nails and hair will grow faster which shows you it is having an effect.

I just despair at people thinking they will get this goodness from Vitamn D supplements. Be natural. Stop taking pills and potions and be healthy.

I am always out in the sunshine Realist. My Doctor prescribed the Vit. D tablets to me as I was lacking in it for some reason.
CandyCrunch
USA
CandyCrunch is female  CandyCrunch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 04:28 PM

I just got off he phone with my doctor in relation to my recent blood work. I'm deficient in vitamin D and I'm to go get a supplement.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 05:44 PM

The lovely Dr. Michael Mosley has an interesting documentary on BBC 2 9pm tonight.

It is a Horizon documentary, and is called "The Placebo Experiement - Can my Brain Cure my Body?"

It says . . "Could the power of fake pills be used to treat some of our most common medical complaints?"

Should be interesting.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The lovely Dr. Michael Mosley has an interesting documentary on BBC 2 9pm tonight.

It is a Horizon documentary, and is called "The Placebo Experiement - Can my Brain Cure my Body?"

It says . . "Could the power of fake pills be used to treat some of our most common medical complaints?"

Should be interesting.
yes that does sound interesting, now that is a programme I would want to watch.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Utter Billy BS!

With respect Realist, I think we all know about sunlight and Vit D.
I despair that you assume it's just caused by lack of sunlight.

You obviously haven't done enough (if any) research on why people do not absorb or retain sufficient Vit D.

You seem unable to take on board that 'one size doesn't fit all' when it comes to health. I've said this to you before when you were sparking off in a thread about cancer.

Get off your soap box. Take on board the whole picture, widen your thoughts and accept it's not that simple. I could list umpteen reasons why our bodies can't absorb/retain Vit D. But I will leave you to research it.

If you have a piece of machinery that breaks down, are you going to do spray it with WD40 and think it's fixed? Of course not, it's more complex than that. So are our bodies.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top