Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 07:13 PM

RBS closing

Our RBS in York is closing, I don’t use it much as I moved my account to Santander years ago, I still have an account with them but I’ll probably close it now. It makes you wonder though, every time I go into either banks, they are always pushing online banking ( which I do with Santander) so effectively, they have done themselves out of a job,
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 07:20 PM

Re: RBS closing

That happened with me and a bank that moved out of town. I just didn't use them anymore and switched over. I'm not traipsing around trying to find a bank. Its a shame though - for the bank people I mean, losing (possibly) their jobs, unless they get moved into call centres for the online banking.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Our RBS in York is closing, I don’t use it much as I moved my account to Santander years ago, I still have an account with them but I’ll probably close it now. It makes you wonder though, every time I go into either banks, they are always pushing online banking ( which I do with Santander) so effectively, they have done themselves out of a job,
Apparently they want to turn it into a restaurant!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Hi .... You may find RBS own Santander, or vice versa ... in the murky world of banking ...

A restaurant sounds a good idea, but I think I'll save my money for Euroland al fresco.

Unless they do a cheeseburger on the saver menu.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Apparently they want to turn it into a restaurant!
Just what York needs, another restaurant..
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 10:24 PM

RBS has the worst customer rating of all the banks I've ever used...............and for good reason. If you bank online - their "passcode" and "security" details are one and the same. Just as you're trying to input the details, some lurid sign pops up flashing to tell you to be more aware.............scams..........etc etc. Two seconds later..........up jumps a chat bot..........flashing again. It is SO off-putting!!!!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 10:06 AM

My local bank closed a couple of months ago. I think the pandemic has been the final nail in the coffin for high street banking - I only ever used it to pay in the odd cheque now and again. Then I found that even that could be done via my mobile banking app, so I had no reason ever to go in there.

And as for cash - what cash? Everything is either paid online or I use the Apple Pay feature on my phone or watch. I can't remember the last time I used actual money. Well, I guess I can, it would have been just before the pandemic - as soon as Covid arrived I didn't fancy handling coins that other people had been handling.

Yes I feel sorry for those that are losing their jobs because of bank closures, but the writing's been on the wall for a very long time.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 05:15 PM

RBS is part of the Natwest Group so, if there's a Natwest in York city centre it makes sense to close the one that does least business. In any case, all branches of RBS that remain open in England and Wales are to be rebranded Natwest.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 10:56 PM

Santander are shutting up shop, there is going to be a Showdown.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top