Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 06:00 PM

Re: Do you exercise

The "Post your daily exercise" thread will give some good info about this. Everyone chips in to describe how their training is going and they're a good bunch.

I go to the gym three times a week and do weight-training and, recently, I have decided to get my creaky legs loosened up on an exercise bike there. I train pretty hard and usually aim to burn at least 800 calories per session, and I can check this because the machines are computerised and each member has a data key to slot into them to monitor calories and total weight lifted. I love it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 06:22 PM

I swim 5 mornings a week between 40 n 50 lengths of the pool, depending on how I'm feeling and how busy it is. I also walk the dog every day, then there's the work with the Clydes and what ever Himself needs me to help out with. When I get time I have Agility Classes with the dog as well. I get more than enough exercise.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 07:14 PM

If you want I can post a video of how to walk a mile in your home.
I find this woman extremely irritating but my friend loves her and walks around 3 miles quite often in her living room!!

Edit: Roxy that's very impressive!
I used to swim regularly but even on a good day never managed more than 30-35 lengths.
The trouble is what with getting there and back and all the palaver it seems to take half the day for only about half an hour in the water!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 07:27 PM

Hi

Exercise is fun.

Making love expends 300 calories, so if you make love 10 times a day you can lose 1 lb a day.

That is a stone a fortnight.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
If you want I can post a video of how to walk a mile in your home.
I find this woman extremely irritating but my friend loves her and walks around 3 miles quite often in her living room!!

Edit: Roxy that's very impressive!
I used to swim regularly but even on a good day never managed more than 30-35 lengths.
The trouble is what with getting there and back and all the palaver it seems to take half the day for only about half an hour in the water!
I would love to see that video,ruthio,...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I swim 5 mornings a week between 40 n 50 lengths of the pool, depending on how I'm feeling and how busy it is. I also walk the dog every day, then there's the work with the Clydes and what ever Himself needs me to help out with. When I get time I have Agility Classes with the dog as well. I get more than enough exercise.

IT sounds like you have a very structured and organised life,doing all that you do.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I would love to see that video,ruthio,...
It's basically marching on the spot!
We used to do that at primary school!

Walk 1 Mile at Home

https://youtu.be/njeZ29umqVE

https://youtu.be/
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

01-06-2019, 07:39 PM

Thank you ruthio,...she has a great aura that women,so positive!

I'm off to get my gym gear on!.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 07:44 PM

I used to exercise a lot including spin classes up until recently as my arthritic knee has been playing up so I haven't been able to go to the gym. I used to swim a lot too but thats gone by the by lately as I've been so busy working 2 jobs and taking care of my Dad.

I walk the dog every day.

I never stop from morning till night so I think I do get enough exercise anyway.

I miss my swimming and need to get back into it.

Gutted about my knee, I enjoyed the gym
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I used to exercise a lot including spin classes up until recently as my arthritic knee has been playing up so I haven't been able to go to the gym. I used to swim a lot too but thats gone by the by lately as I've been so busy working 2 jobs and taking care of my Dad.

I walk the dog every day.

I never stop from morning till night so I think I do get enough exercise anyway.

I miss my swimming and need to get back into it.

Gutted about my knee, I enjoyed the gym
I know just how you feel, I was gutted when I had to give up my Linedancing. Bloody knees.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top