Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:19 PM

Re: Tripe with peas and potatoes

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I'll pass on the tripe, can't even bare to look at the stuff, never mind eat it. I'll just have the peas n tatties.
same here, horrible slimy stuff
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

21-06-2021, 01:51 PM

On a holiday in France I came across a sausage called Andouillette which I decided to try - I always try local delicacies when abroad. It contained small white bits that were almost impossible to chew and left me feeling decidedly queasy. I later found out that the small white bits were tripe.

That was the first and last time eating tripe for me.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 07:43 PM

We don't eat much meat or fried food.
But we visit our favourite Portuguese deli about once a month here in London, and usually pick up one or two morcela, black pudding type sausages. They're best boiled, sliced then fried.

Years ago I thought the white bits were pork fat, but no, it's tripe. And I love it all the more.

Not the least bit chewy.

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:09 PM

I quite like tripe although its decades since I had any .
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

22-06-2021, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I believe the Portuguese also make an interesting version of tripe as do Mexicans and Italians DooD but I’m not familiar with them. Thank you for a polite comment DooD whilst we all have differing food experiences, there’s a decent way to state your point of view.

My mom brought me up to rather remain silent if I didn’t like something that someone else enjoyed. Finally, today I learned why she did that. Poignant really since today is Mother’s Day in South Africa.
Thanks for sharing your recipe. I didn't comment purely for the reason you stated. I'd probably substitute for salmon or something.
I learned years ago that on public forums you have to grow a rhinoceros skin sometimes.
If I ate offal I would try it though.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top