Join for free
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 10:53 AM

The continuing 'push' for electric cars …

Manufacturers seem to be advertising electric cars more but it seems this is not accompanied by solving the problems of charging these vehicles and affording to buy them in the first place. They are very expensive and at the moment I believe, outside the affordability of ordinary motorists. Perhaps as they are produced in higher volumes the prices will come down, time will tell:

"I know, you probably haven't even driven one yet, let alone seriously contemplated buying one, so the prediction may sound a bit bold, but bear with me."

"We are in the middle of the biggest revolution in motoring since Henry Ford's first production line started turning back in 1913.

And it is likely to happen much more quickly than you imagine.

Many industry observers believe we have already passed the tipping point where sales of electric vehicles (EVs) will very rapidly overwhelm petrol and diesel cars.

It is certainly what the world's big car makers think."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57253947
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 12:10 PM

Re: The continuing 'push' for electric cars …

Forget the vehicles themselves, what about the revenue. I put £3045.00 of fuel in, in 2020-2021 tax year, of that £1400.00 was fuel duty and £600 VAT, that's £2000.00 a year lost in revenue for just one person, when will folks have to start paying through the nose for their Amps, to Plug this hole?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top