Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 03:27 AM

A Bit of Dirt

Thought you might like a selection of 124km of dirt road in the Aussie Outback (it is only a couple of minutes long

At the beginning you can see the dust thrown up from my son's vehicle but he soon loses us (I am towing a trailer) and reports back on on coming traffic.

It is all dash cam footage so you can use google maps to trace the route using the sat nav figures at the bottom of the screen.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 04:34 AM

Re: A Bit of Dirt

All that open space - how lovely! Thank you, Bruce.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:46 AM

Lovely drive, Bruce. Heck of a swim there the next day with those puddles
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Lovely drive, Bruce. Heck of a swim there the next day with those puddles
The funny thing is that a couple of hours later you wouldn't have known the road was flooded but there was enough rain to close the road we were on the couple of days before - that's Australia for you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 10:14 AM

Glad to see your son waited for you Bruce.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The funny thing is that a couple of hours later you wouldn't have known the road was flooded but there was enough rain to close the road we were on the couple of days before - that's Australia for you.
Sounds a bit like Scotland, Bruce!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 03:49 PM

A great drive and a good wash-down at the end of it, Bruce!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

19-06-2021, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Glad to see your son waited for you Bruce.
That's the great thing about having a radio he reported back on oncoming traffic but I think he was only a km or two at the end. When I pulled up at the end of road he was at the Tibooburra servo pumping up his tyres whereas my daughter and I used our pumps.

Here we are back together that arvo

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	210530 013 Packsaddle Roadhouse Camp Site.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	15993  
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:21 AM

Thanks for that Bruce! Made me feel quite nostalgic. Those long straight roads! Takes me back to 1961 when I was adrift in Oz. Most of ours it's like driving in a rally! Corners, hills bridges etc

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top