Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 08:36 AM

England v Scotland

Well what a bore that was, eh? There seemed to be some confusion over which direction England were facing, the ball going backwards more times than it went forwards. Perhaps if someone had made it clear to the England team that they were meant to get the ball between the posts at the end of the pitch, it might have been more interesting.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 08:45 AM

Re: England v Scotland

I agree 100%. Perhaps someone should be told the object is to put the ball between those white posts on which is hung a net and not to tip tap it from one player to another.
I have heard that Portugal are sending their team to the Olympic Games and entering them in the diving contests which they are masters at.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 08:49 AM

I did watch a bit of the first half, but it was so very boring (apart from the near miss post bounce that Scotland did ) that I went and did more interesting things.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 09:26 AM

If someone had agreed, in advance, that a draw would be best suited to the UK entries, it would have all made sense!

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 09:40 AM

I can't be bothered to even watch a lot of men chasing a ball then hugging each other when the ball goes into a fishing net. Call them footballers? rubbish. If the grass is to long they wont play -if there is snow/ice on the pitch they won't play and also have terrible eyesight as they have to have their names plastered right across their backs. Even their balls have to have the right bounce, not like the leather laced up footballs we had to kick about.

They would not have even got out of the changing rooms if they had to play on grounds like we did as school kids
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I agree 100%. Perhaps someone should be told the object is to put the ball between those white posts on which is hung a net and not to tip tap it from one player to another.
I have heard that Portugal are sending their team to the Olympic Games and entering them in the diving contests which they are masters at.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-06-2021, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If someone had agreed, in advance, that a draw would be best suited to the UK entries, it would have all made sense!

I have to admit, that did cross my mind too. Perhaps it was meant to keep the peace in London but then I'm not sure they could be so accurate as to hit the post. They could have scored and messed the whole thing up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-06-2021, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I can't be bothered to even watch a lot of men chasing a ball then hugging each other when the ball goes into a fishing net. Call them footballers? rubbish. If the grass is to long they wont play -if there is snow/ice on the pitch they won't play and also have terrible eyesight as they have to have their names plastered right across their backs. Even their balls have to have the right bounce, not like the leather laced up footballs we had to kick about.

They would not have even got out of the changing rooms if they had to play on grounds like we did as school kids

I can remember kicking those leather balls around and they were bloody hard.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-06-2021, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I did watch a bit of the first half, but it was so very boring (apart from the near miss post bounce that Scotland did ) that I went and did more interesting things.
I actually forgot what I was watching at one point.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 12:11 PM

I was very undecided on wether to watch or read the instructions on a tin of Dulux Matt paint…the paint won…

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top