Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 06:26 PM

Re: Objecting hair

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
. Most of them seem to cut hair they way they want it done, not how you’d like.
Exactly! They go for whatever they think is fashionable, not what actually suits your face or style. I have never had long hair though, and envy those that do. I tried longer at one point, but nope, not for me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
You’re not related to Boris Johnson in any way?
That made me laugh, Ulla!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
You’re not related to Boris Johnson in any way?
No Ulla thank goodness BJs hair seems to have a life of its own all the time not just when newly cut
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 06:33 PM

That’s why my hair is down to my butt and I trim it myself. It’s thick and naturally curly with cowlicks everywhere. If I were to get it cut short, it would curl and wave everywhere and not in a good way. One thing I don’t miss is going to the hairdressers . Most of them seem to cut hair they way they want it done, not how you’d like.
Do you have thick wavy hair Meg?
It must feel good to get a fresh hair cut though.
Thick and straight most of my life Bratti but it has decided to curl a bit now ....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

23-06-2021, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
No you're not the only one.

My hair objected to such treatment so much that it willfully buggered off completely.
Oh dear Bruce I shouldn't complain then....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Exactly! They go for whatever they think is fashionable, not what actually suits your face or style. I have never had long hair though, and envy those that do. I tried longer at one point, but nope, not for me.
Exactly! I agree. They seem to do what is easiest for them. It seems like most of them prefer adding in layers to any style and once you have layers, you have to keep going back to get them refreshed or they look horrible.

I’ve had long hair for most of my life. The last hairdresser I went to suggested I get a few light layers that I agreed to. Well I ended it with shoulder length hair that was as thin as ever since she cut most of it off 3 inches from my scalp. I almost cried. Never again. I like to have my hair all one length and the only time I leave it down is after I wash it. All other times it’s either braided back or up in a bun which takes no more than a few minutes whereas when it’s short I have to tame it by blow drying it which is a real pain.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Thick and straight most of my life Bratti but it has decided to curl a bit now ....
Ok! Well that makes sense. If it’s think then maybe it bounces up from all the extra weight taken off so suddenly. Maybe it takes your hair i while to adapt.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 07:05 PM

I often have a tuft of hair sticking up on the top- right- back of my head. That's because I spend so much time lying on the sofa.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I often have a tuft of hair sticking up on the top- right- back of my head. That's because I spend so much time lying on the sofa.
It could also be because you have a double crown. I have that problem too, and when I wake up, my hair looks like someone chopped my scalp with an axe, because I have a straight line at the back of my head

Or you could just be a lazy oaf.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

23-06-2021, 07:14 PM

Exactly! I agree. They seem to do what is easiest for them. It seems like most of them prefer adding in layers to any style and once you have layers, you have to keep going back to get them refreshed or they look horrible.

I’ve had long hair for most of my life. The last hairdresser I went to suggested I get a few light layers that I agreed to. Well I ended it with shoulder length hair that was as thin as ever since she cut most of it off 3 inches from my scalp. I almost cried. Never again. I like to have my hair all one length and the only time I leave it down is after I wash it. All other times it’s either braided back or up in a bun which takes no more than a few minutes whereas when it’s short I have to tame it by blow drying it which is a real pain.
Gosh that sounds awful Bratti!
I'm the opposite - short hair takes minutes to sit nicely, yet when it was a bit longer, I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get it to sit properly! It just depends on what you are used to I suppose

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top