Join for free
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:27 PM

Re: Low BPM

Originally Posted by Roj Blake ->
Hello
Double check with another tester.( might be faulty,try new batteries as well ).
I use my blood pressure meter to crosscheck my bpm with my o2 meter.They're usually one or two beats out.
cheers.

Just what I was going to suggest too, Roj.

Foxy, may be time to get a new monitor?
Let us know how you are, and if you rang 111, won't you.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 06:54 PM

No word from the Man Himself yet..getting a wee bit concerned now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 07:14 PM

Yes, that is low, OGF.
I thought that 50 was low for me, and that's after relaxing.

Yes, please call 111.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 07:14 PM

yes Foxy, get new batteries for your metre
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 10:19 PM

Thanks everyone, it's good to hear your advice....
I was talking to an ex marathon runner and it appears to be something called Atrial Fibrillation and it is often seen in runners. A slow heartbeat is a sign of fitness in a young runner, but is not so good in an older one....

It is not life threatening on it's own, but it can cause blood clots and strokes, or heart attacks. I do have other symptoms, I sometimes go dizzy especially if I bend down. I am also tired most of the time, and to be honest I've been struggling to keep running for more than ten minutes just lately. I sort of knew a while back that something wasn't quite right.

I'm sorry I've not posted earlier but I was visiting my daughter to mend her toilet and then she took Mrs Fox and me out for some dinner....

The batteries on my Pulse Oxymeter are in good shape, but it takes a while for it to find my pulse, I only know I'm still alive because I can feel a weak pulse in my neck. I have a BPM meter on the exercise bike, which seems to bear out the readings, and the same with a blood pressure monitor that always reveals low blood pressure and an irregular heartbeat. I have ordered a more accurate tester that uses a chest strap, apparently they are more accurate.
I've also tracked down a good private cardiologist that I intend to telephone tomorrow.

I was prescribed Beta Blockers after my first heart attack and I didn't know where I was most of the time, not good when as a courier I spent most of my life driving.
I was taken off them three days later. Beta Blockers slow down your heart and lower your blood pressure and quite the opposite to the medication I needed.

So until I can get checked out it's walking and some steady static bike riding to keep fit, I'll post any results, so thanks for all of your replies....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 10:37 PM

Please take care, Foxy.
Dont take any silly risks, will you. x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 10:59 PM

Sorry to hear that Bob, time to ease down on your body I think.

Mr Mags has had Atrial Fibrillation for almost 8 years now, he controls his with 3 meds a day plus a statin at night.

As Mups has said above, don't take any silly risks.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 11:15 PM

Glad to hear you're still in the land of the living, OGF.
Some of us were becoming a little worried.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of low heart rate, I recorded this after doing some exercise this morning and am a bit worried. I don't think I've seen my heart beat rate fall as low as this before. Can't get in to see my doctor so I'm considering going private. Any suggestions would be welcome...

That’s really very, very, very low sly old grey fox. Best you visit the doc
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 11:46 PM

I have to say, I did suspect you may have A Fib ad your reading was so low. I have afib. Do you get palpitations foxy? My heart feels like its doing somersaults and its quite alarming I stopped exercising as hard when I was diagnosed but I still power walk on the treadmill and on foot.

Be careful foxy and get a correct diagnosis.

Xxx

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top