Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 01:08 PM

Clean Your Own Car?

I have a Karcher.

I use it to blast the muck off the car, about once a fortnight.

It's been cost effective because I've been using it for a few years.

You can, also, spot all the dings, by doing this, and fix them before the rust gets in.

On the other hand, most of my family pay up to about 20 quid to have their car professionally cleaned.

Should I get them round and charge them a tenner to do it for them?

I'd make a mint!

But I think they'd turn their noses up at the thought!

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 01:13 PM

Re: Clean Your Own Car?

We also have a Karcher - and have just bought a replacement as kids borrowed ours and broke it . Usually I wash the car at home, but in winter I occasionally run it through a car wash, but it is never as good as doing it yourself.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 01:14 PM

We also have a Karcher - and have just bought a replacement as kids borrowed ours and broke it . Usually I wash the car at home, but in winter I occasionally run it through a car wash, or find a car wash depot, but it is never as good as doing it yourself.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 01:16 PM

My car gets cleaned (by me) about once or twice a year, don't want to spoil it or give it ideas above its station.

I do have a high pressure system but never use it on my car. My youngest son often (before lockdown) used to bring his car down from Sydney just to get the mud and sand out from underneath after he had been four wheel driving. he would use it to get caked mud off the suspension and drag cages.

The only thing that does annoy me is the red dust in the Ute tray which is almost impossible to get out, I wish you could get a red tray liner as the black is the worst colour for Australia's red soil.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 01:39 PM

I have a bucket and sponge, no hose pipe and I clean my own car . All good excercise and a minimum use of water.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have a bucket and sponge, no hose pipe and I clean my own car . All good excercise and a minimum use of water.
I se the cleaning mob, on the supermarket car park, using a cleaning buggy, which seems to have all the fluids in, etc.

That worries me, a bit, as dirty water might not be that good for cleaning paintwork!

Also, one of the cleaners was nicked, recently, having been seen opening the glove box to see what was in there!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 01:48 PM

If I had a car, I would clean it myself. Never been a fan of car washes.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 02:08 PM

I enjoy cleaning the car on a nice day, just a bucket of suds and a hose pipe, and if it's not too hot then I sometimes leather it down too. As Meg says, good exercise and cheap.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 02:10 PM

I have a new car, so I do clean it…I will soon get bored with that and have it done properly at a local car wash.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 03:09 PM

I can't reach the middle of the roof of our car so, it's a monthly bath at the local Polish car wash for Brigitte.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top