Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:18 AM

Are You Enjoying The Euphoria?

I think the recent England football team success has brought such joy to the nation. It’s just what the doctor ordered after long, dismal months of Lockdown.
It is such a tonic for the young and older people.

So l ask, are you enjoying the euphoria at the moment? Or aren’t you bothered, preferring to close your eyes and ears to it all?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:22 AM

Re: Are You Enjoying The Euphoria?

I'm happy for the euphoric but personally I don't give a monkey's, it's only a bloody game for goodness sake...
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:23 AM

I don't really follow football, although Mr B always has it on in our house. I'm usually in the other room watching something else . But yes, I have to say, I am enjoying this amazing success of our national team, and I'm particularly so happy for our children's generation - mine in their late 40s - for whom this is the first time in their lifetime that they've seen England reach the finals of a major tournament.

It's a wonderful feeling, and d'you know what? I might even sit down with Mr B and watch the final
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:25 AM

I don't really do football, but I might watch it on Sunday. It would be good to see Eng win, they've got a 50:50 chance, nothing more so I'm not celebrating yet.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by barry ->
i'm happy for the euphoric but personally i don't give a monkey's, it's only a bloody game for goodness sake...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I'm happy for the euphoric but personally I don't give a monkey's, it's only a bloody game for goodness sake...

Barry, What is happening at the moment is more than that. It’s people coming together, being happy and enjoying the camaraderie.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-07-2021, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I don't really follow football, although Mr B always has it on in our house. I'm usually in the other room watching something else . But yes, I have to say, I am enjoying this amazing success of our national team, and I'm particularly so happy for our children's generation - mine in their late 40s - for whom this is the first time in their lifetime that they've seen England reach the finals of a major tournament.

It's a wonderful feeling, and d'you know what? I might even sit down with Mr B and watch the final
Bathsheba, Last night’s game was so tense. You must’ve heard me scream at your house, when the penalty goal went in!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-07-2021, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I don't really do football, but I might watch it on Sunday. It would be good to see Eng win, they've got a 50:50 chance, nothing more so I'm not celebrating yet.
d00d, What those young kids have achieved since the start of the tournament is worth a celebration.
They have lifted the mood of the country.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Bathsheba, Last night’s game was so tense. You must’ve heard me scream at your house, when the penalty goal went in!!
Oh that's what it was
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-07-2021, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
ST, You only have eyes for ‘The Professionals’! I am sure Martin Shaw’s performance makes you feel euphoric!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top