Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:33 PM

Re: It’s vaccine time baby… Part 2

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
We, Son, Daughter & I, went to our surgery after being sent an appointment here & were vaccinated straight away.
We do have call in places & queues, but as I didn't have to do that & it was for the younger people, under 40's, I have no idea how long they have to wait.
That sounds super efficient Tiffany unlike my experience today
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I understand that all the"important" people have been vaccinated
first Minxy??
Over here it was the reverse, the "important" people were/are being
done last?? I suppose on the grounds that if the peasants fall
down dead with vaccine poisening, then the "important" people
will still be here to save the nation ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Yes Donkeyman that’s exactly right. Finally, it was my turn!
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

26-07-2021, 04:13 PM

It was run quite efficiently here where I got the two, and they were by appointment back in April and then May. The first jab it was the Air Force in charge, then for the 2nd jab appointment they had all Army personnel guiding you in. I was in/out in about 30-40 minutes both times, including the time they make you sit to see if you have any immediate side-effects. If anyone tried to jump the line, they'd likely have been detained.

My daughter just got her 1st last week, and she was a walk-up, but still no waiting for hours. Granted this is all done at a large convention facility right next to a huge music venue out here on the south side of Chicago.

Usually if someone jumps in front of me in line for anything, I'll just let them. God bless em. A few minutes, or even seconds isn't gonna make or break my day, week, or year. I'll just let that shit go.

Strive on you magnificent self-important person.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Plankton ->
It was run quite efficiently here where I got the two, and they were by appointment back in April and then May. The first jab it was the Air Force in charge, then for the 2nd jab appointment they had all Army personnel guiding you in. I was in/out in about 30-40 minutes both times, including the time they make you sit to see if you have any immediate side-effects. If anyone tried to jump the line, they'd likely have been detained.

My daughter just got her 1st last week, and she was a walk-up, but still no waiting for hours. Granted this is all done at a large convention facility right next to a huge music venue out here on the south side of Chicago.

Usually if someone jumps in front of me in line for anything, I'll just let them. God bless em. A few minutes, or even seconds isn't gonna make or break my day, week, or year. I'll just let that shit go.

Nice little nod towards Pink Floyd there Plankton.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

26-07-2021, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I think you're just a tad wrong there Donks. If memory serves, most of our "important" people were getting their jabs as and when they were being given their appointments. There was no hanging around waiting to make sure none of the peasants dropped down dead with vaccine poisoning.
In SA important people got it first
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

26-07-2021, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Nice little nod towards Pink Floyd there Plankton.
lol Thanks! I had no idea.

A nod to "Friends" too I guess.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

26-07-2021, 04:44 PM

Thanks Plank. Ordinarily, I’m pretty laid back and would allow someone to cut in - even in traffic BUT having stood in three different queues where vaccines have run out, I wasn’t willing to take a chance.

The same thing happened today ( vaccines ran out) but I was lucky to be able to get my jab because of my spot in the queue. I wasn’t being turned again…
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 04:45 PM

lol Thanks! I had no idea.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

26-07-2021, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Thanks Plank. Ordinarily, I’m pretty laid back and would allow someone to cut in - even in traffic BUT having stood in three different queues where vaccines have run out, I wasn’t willing to take a chance.

The same thing happened today ( vaccines ran out) but I was lucky to be able to get my jab because of my spot in the queue. I wasn’t being turned again…
Under the circumstances, I can absolutely understand. It didn't register to me before posting that you'd be out of a jab if it came down to the last one.

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Same cadence. Nice.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
That sounds super efficient Tiffany unlike my experience today
I guess different countries have different ways of doing things.

My South African pen pal who lives in Durban in a sheltered home complex was totally locked down for weeks, not even allowed to go outside her apartment, they sent her food up to her. Poor woman was going stir crazy & she hasn't got the internet. It took her last letter to me took months to get here, she posted it in April, I received it in July.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top