Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 07:12 PM

Re: Have you picked your funeral music?

Anything that I can sing along with....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 07:51 PM

I'm puzzled about the members who say they aren't having a funeral.
What are you having then if you don't mind my asking?
Rob B
Solihull, UK
Rob B is male  Rob B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 08:58 PM

Changed my mind, perhaps I'll have a burial instead of a cremation. Now my "playlist" reads ...

As the mourners gather ... "Black Pit" by Steppenwolf

As the coffin is lowered ... "Down, Down, Down" by The Aynsley Dunbar Retalliation

Closely followed by ... "On The Way To The Bottom" by Dr Hook

As the coffin comes to rest ... "Nine Feet Underground" by Caravan

As the grave is filled ... "Bury My Body" by The Animals

And finally ... "Waiting For The Worms" by Pink Floyd
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
In my case - nothing!

I have arranged to leave my body to medical science - they will come and take it when I have finished with it and it is up to them then. I have said that there are to be no services - funeral or memorial - would much prefer my friends just had a good night out!
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 11:00 PM

I also will NOT be having a funeral (I think).
By the time anyone finds me I will be either rotted away, or the dogs would of eaten me, In either case there will only be the bones remaining to find
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 09:26 PM

No because I won't be able to hear and enjoy it
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I know what you mean Carol, a funeral is a way of marking the fact that a loved one has exited this life, they are gone and the fact that they meant a lot to their family and friends is marked in some way.
Death is so final and bereavement so painful that not acknowledging this with a ceremony of some kind however brief can make the death itself and grieving process more difficult.
The funeral is for those who cared about the person who has died to pay their respects and show their love for the person, seeing friends and those who cared for their loved one paying their respects at a funeral can be very comforting to relatives.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 08:47 AM

I see that leaving your body to medical science would do away with the need for a funeral - but what about others who say they aren't having a funeral? How are their bodies going to be disposed of? Can they just be cremated without any service? Would they still need an undertaker etc?

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top