Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 09:09 AM

Government & Humanity

When the French sank the Rainbow Warrior there was one fatality. A young Brazilian happened to be on board unbeknownst the saboteurs. We (Sweden) immediately took all french products off the shelves and declared a boycott pending an open and formal apology by french government.

Then the Americans illegally and against UN law invaded Irak on a bold faced lie of WMD's causing an estimated toll of one million innocent men, women, and children murdered, tortured and raped. No apology forthcoming. What did Sweden do about that? We found a passion for discussing the weather.

What is this world all about? Can someone tell me please
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 10:10 AM

Re: Government & Humanity

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
When the French sank the Rainbow Warrior there was one fatality. A young Brazilian happened to be on board unbeknownst the saboteurs. We (Sweden) immediately took all french products off the shelves and declared a boycott pending an open and formal apology by french government.

Then the Americans illegally and against UN law invaded Irak on a bold faced lie of WMD's causing an estimated toll of one million innocent men, women, and children murdered, tortured and raped. No apology forthcoming. What did Sweden do about that? We found a passion for discussing the weather.

Hi

I am surprised at you AO.

Humanity and Government are not words that I would put together, but then perhaps I am just more cynical than you?

Politicians are Teflon coated, self interest first, then the interests of their Country second, with Humanity trailing a very poor third.

It won't be changing any time soon.

Merkel did not unilaterally open the doors out of humanity, however much she tries to portray it as such.

She had ambitions to be the next UN Secretary General, self interest, Germany needs more cheap labour, an ageing population, the interests of Germany second.

Humanity?

Well now she is using EU Money, not German money, to send back those she does not want and trying to force the rest on others by means of compulsory quotas.

Great isn't it?
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 10:14 AM

I'd appreciate the heads-up too as, to me, the world is all about money now. stevmk2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 10:34 AM

Let's not forget it was not just the Americans, it was Tony Bliar's Labour government too who invaded Iraq and in my opinion contributed to the rise in IS and the mess we see in Iraq (and elsewhere) now.

The Chilcot Report into the Iraq War finally gets published this summer, I don't anticipate any apologies being forthcoming though.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 10:50 AM

Or charges for war crimes? No matter the self-righteous bleats from politicians, money rules. Victims are to blame for the crimes we commit against them while hypocrites wring their hands and vote for the thieves and murderers.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am surprised at you AO.

Humanity and Government are not words that I would put together, but then perhaps I am just more cynical than you?
Oh, I am cynical alright, it's just that I'm also an ex, pseudo-hippie. Being a do-gooding ideologist, that tiny pinch of hope leaves me in a state of exasperation when I look round me.

Great isn't it?
Not very much, no.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

20-03-2016, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I'd appreciate the heads-up too as, to me, the world is all about money now. stevmk2
Originally Posted by moreover ->
Or charges for war crimes? No matter the self-righteous bleats from politicians, money rules. Victims are to blame for the crimes we commit against them while hypocrites wring their hands and vote for the thieves and murderers.
So we're all queuing up for the gallows and paying the executioner handsomely to do the job.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 12:14 PM

Hi

I am somewhat cynical about Chilcott.

It all depends upon the definition of Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Iraq had used Chemical Weapons in the war with Iran, so yes they had had them, if you interpret Weapons of Mass Destruction in it's broadest sense, which is all Nuclear, Chemical and Bacteriological Weapons.

They had used them against Iran, but the West, led by the USA did not kick off about that, because Iran at that time was seen as bigger baddie than Iraq.

Now, put yourself in the position of being questioned by the Politicians.

Does Iraq have weapons of mass destruction?

Strictly speaking it did, they had some binary chemical artillery shells, but not weapons of Mass Destruction as most people understand.

How quickly could they use them?

Well that depends?

What if they were on site, ready use, next to the artillery pieces.

Well in that case, very quickly, but that isn't a threat, they can only fire them a few miles and they will pose no real danger.

That is not what you were asked.

So the Government spin doctors turn honest answers into Iraq has Weapons of Mass Destruction which they launch in minutes, scare the pants off people and use it to justify an invasion which completely destroyed a Country, with massive casualties, anarchy and where there are still casualties today, unleashed a wave of brutal terrorism and all for no justifiable reason at all.

The Politicians and spin doctors involved all have excellent lawyers.

Cynical I may be, but I cannot see successful criminal proceedings being brought against those actually responsible.

9/11 was naff all to do with Iraq, it was planned, financed and executed by Saudis, not Saddam.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 12:41 PM

Hi

I am somewhat cynical about Chilcott.

It all depends upon the definition of Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Iraq had used Chemical Weapons in the war with Iran, so yes they had had them, if you interpret Weapons of Mass Destruction in it's broadest sense, which is all Nuclear, Chemical and Bacteriological Weapons.

They had used them against Iran, but the West, led by the USA did not kick off about that, because Iran at that time was seen as bigger baddie than Iraq.

Now, put yourself in the position of being questioned by the Politicians.

Does Iraq have weapons of mass destruction?

Strictly speaking it did, they had some binary chemical artillery shells, but not weapons of Mass Destruction as most people understand.

How quickly could they use them?

Well that depends?

What if they were on site, ready use, next to the artillery pieces.

Well in that case, very quickly, but that isn't a threat, they can only fire them a few miles and they will pose no real danger.

That is not what you were asked.

So the Government spin doctors turn honest answers into Iraq has Weapons of Mass Destruction which they launch in minutes, scare the pants off people and use it to justify an invasion which completely destroyed a Country, with massive casualties, anarchy and where there are still casualties today, unleashed a wave of brutal terrorism and all for no justifiable reason at all.

The Politicians and spin doctors involved all have excellent lawyers.

Cynical I may be, but I cannot see successful criminal proceedings being brought against those actually responsible.

9/11 was naff all to do with Iraq, it was planned, financed and executed by Saudis, not Saddam.

Which was contradicted by David Kelly in his report which supported Hans Blix's report as well, which is why he was killed.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...th-10-years-on
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

20-03-2016, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Which was contradicted by David Kelly in his report which supported Hans Blix's report as well, which is why he was killed.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...th-10-years-on
Hi

David Kelly was a very decent honourable man.

Conspiracy Theorists will always have him down as being assassinated.

What is beyond doubt is that he was very deeply distressed by being outed by the BBC as their source.

People who he thought he could trust to bring a terrible injustice into the open.

Which explains why nobody in their right minds will ever trust the BBC again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top